+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
MIS Systems Thread, [SIMS] 10 Summer released in Technical; Originally Posted by zag The current systems manager is shockingly out of date, you still cant even use the keyboard ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,437 Times in 1,190 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zag View Post
    The current systems manager is shockingly out of date, you still cant even use the keyboard to jump alphabetically to a member of staff :/
    The really annoying thing is that you can, it just depends which screen you're on.
    You can use the keyboard on the user browse screen, but not when you are adding a user to a permission group!
    Last edited by vikpaw; 18th July 2010 at 10:46 AM.

Thank Post
    Just finished running the upgrade, we didn't do Spring, and SOLUS just presented summer so hopefully all is good. I'm assuming system would have complained if i needed to be on Spring first.

The only thing i'm missing is the updated reports for vers. 7.128 but i guess i can get them from somewhere else. i do have the iso on VM somewhere still it think.

No problems yet, except i've suddenly got 300ish unlinked contacts, some duplicates and odd looking test ones. They wont delete in bulk so i'm doing them in small groups. I think they may be caused by the changes to Next of Kin records in Personnel where there is the new facility to link to existing staff.

Thank Post
    Don't you have the reports for 7.132?

Hmm... more issues with unlinked contacts... none of the schools I support have complained yet but I'll keep an eye open.

Thank Post
    I have the 7.132 reports, will they supercede all that would have come with 7.128? I thought i'd need them incrementally, not that i use the default ones much anyway.

I have managed to delete all bar 52 of the unlinked contacts, the error on the remaining is that there is some unexpected data attached to some of the records. I haven't investigated further.

The records were random, mostly parent names, but occasionally i saw test student names that i'd put into pre-admissions and then deleted. None of them were actual contacts from the contacts area because the number there has remain unchanged despite 250 odd deletions. Must be some bug. i'm gonna call them now.

Thank Post
    Gah! The electricity in the new office keeps tripping!

You don't need to import the reports incrementally as they completely over-write each report rather than updating them. You do need to upgrade the database incrementally though but SOLUS/dbupgrade handles that.

It sounds to me like those records are stuck somewhere in the database (back end) good luck with that support call!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarconia View Post
    It sounds to me like those records are stuck somewhere in the database (back end) good luck with that support call!
    - thanks

Thank Post
    Found this KB98641 on SupportNet, something to do with ADProvisioning, it has a patch, and will be included in Autumn 2010. BUT also found KB100336 which lists the same problem with deleting contacts (Deletion failed due to unexpected data for: <Surname>,<Forename>) after runnng the patch in the first KB, so not sure what to do, in the hands of the support desk. I just hope i don't have to send my data in, as that's a week i can't afford to lose.

Thank Post
    Got told to run the patch mentioned in KB 98461 but it wouldn't run on my database version (summer 10). So had to go back and wait for it to be fixed.
    New version runs okay, but didn't resolve the issue, some contacts are deleted, but the rest suffer the same error. Now they need my data.

Thank Post
    The delete Unlinked Contacts problem is an ongoing issue. I raised a case in April re. this after sorting some duplicate contacts.
    Patches were issued that caused further issues. The small list of Unlinked Contacts was swelled to over 2,500. These were obviously produced by unlinking contacts from pupils who had left years before. Further Patches were issued that reduced some of these down - but not all. A further Case was registered and the Patches were re-worked and re-issued. My list of Unlinked Contacts is now down to just 12! The case has been autoclosed as I have not pursued these last few due to being extremely busy in the last week or so of the year. All 12 have 'unexpected data attached'. I will probably pursue this later in the year.
    Some of the Patches I have mentioned above have been included in various releases of SIMS and may explain why some of you now experience this issue after the Summer Upgrade.
    Last edited by Sivadam; 24th July 2010 at 10:38 PM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sivadam View Post
    The delete Unlinked Contacts problem is an ongoing issue. I raised a case in April re. this after sorting some duplicate contacts.
    Patches were issued that caused further issues. The small list of Unlinked Contacts was swelled to over 2,500. These were obviously produced by unlinking contacts from pupils who had left years before. Further Patches were issued that reduced some of these down - but not all. A further Case was registered and the Patches were re-worked and re-issued. My list of Unlinked Contacts is now down to just 12! The case has been autoclosed as I have not pursued these last few due to being extremely busy in the last week or so of the year. All 12 have 'unexpected data attached'. I will probably pursue this later in the year.
    Some of the Patches I have mentioned above have been included in various releases of SIMS and may explain why some of you now experience this issue after the Summer Upgrade.
    I've only found two patches so far, and was told to apply the first one, but no one has yet suggested the fixer patch.

Is there somewhere known issues like this are listed? As i'd rather not have had to go through the unlinked list 1 by 1 to see which ones will delete.
    Last edited by vikpaw; 25th July 2010 at 11:45 AM. Reason: typos

Thank Post
    Maybe Capita could fix the deletion routine so that it checks all the data constraints before trying to delete the contacts...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MattMitchell View Post
    Maybe Capita could fix the deletion routine so that it checks all the data constraints before trying to delete the contacts...
    Can you expand please? What do you think should stop it being deleted? Could you PM me the Capita case ref?

Thank Post
    My Case is still on-going. It has been with escalatlion for a while now and I have sent a couple of datasets for the team to work on!

Thank Post
    There's a new KB and associated patch for the unlinked contacts issue: kb 101536, the notes still reference 7.128 but that's a mistake i think, as title is regarding summer (7.132). the patch number is 14792.

In my case it didn't work. So it's send data time again. yay

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123