+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, NovaT6 & Curriculum Match in Technical; Hi everyone, I'm new to using SIMS and NovaT6 for timetabling but getting there! However I have one problem, having ...

Thank Post

NovaT6 & Curriculum Match

Hi everyone,
    I'm new to using SIMS and NovaT6 for timetabling but getting there!

However I have one problem, having updated the timetable and moved a few classes from one block to another when I export the Timetable into SIMS, the curriculum matching wizard marks the old courses on the left as being 'Free', and leaves them in the curriculum plan...

It created new classes in the correct block, which is great! But I now need to remove these extra classes which still exist in the SIMS Curriculum Plan, but no longer exist in NovaT6...

I'm sure there is something simple I have missed!

Any ideas?

Many Thanks,
    Andy

Thank Post
    In curriculum assignment by scheme do these old classes still exist? and are they currently greyed out?

Also, do these old classes have students with memberships in them in the past?

If there are students still in these classes in the past then I'm afraid that they will continue to appear until the academic year ends.
    Last edited by Sarconia; 8th July 2010 at 03:03 PM. Reason: more information

Thank Post
    The classes are still listed in Curriculum Assignment by Scheme (but have no teacher), and are not greyed out. There are also no students assigned to these classes...

Thank Post
    Hmm, now this is normally where I'd say "ok, it's time for me to remote in and have a look" as this is one of those things that is difficult to diagnose purely over the phone or via text. I'd also want to be 100% sure on what I was advising as duplicate classes can sometimes get rather out of hand.

These problems are usually to do with the date range of when you have sent the timetable. I assume that you're sending the new timetable so that it starts from todays date until the end of the academic year? This infact may well be creating the duplicate, if the class has changed and is slightly different from the original then the curriculum matching wizard may detect them as two separate classes.

There are usually two ways to resolve this, the classes can either be merged (if it will let you) on the merge curriculum screen in the curriculum matching wizard or the timetable can be sent for the whole academic year. If you do choose to try any of this though, please take a backup beforehand as I cannot be 100% sure without having actually seen it for myself.

Thank Post
    Thanks... I'll have a go at forcing the two to merge. The other think I thought about was manually removing them from the Tools | Academic Management | Course Manager | Maintain Course menu...

It's possible that the original course were entered with a different date as I only took over a few days ago as our previous timetabler has now left...
    Last edited by andykemp; 8th July 2010 at 03:48 PM. Reason: spelling!!

Thank Post
    You could remove/make inactive the courses from course manager but I doubt it would resolve the issue as course managers primary function is to feed data into your School Census, particularly for post 16 learning aims.

Thank Post
    Well I tried forcing the classes to merge on the curr match page, but it wouldn't let me... I'm not sure exactly what you mean by 'timetable could be sent for the whole academic year'? When I send the timetable to SIMS I do so for the dates covering the academic year (i.e. September through August...

Thank Post
    Well I have made some progress, digging through the Maintain courses menu, I noticed that these 'Free' courses which need to be removed are entered for the wrong dates (they were entered at somepoint as 01/09/2011 to 05.09/2011)...

I currently enter the timetable for next year as 06/09/2010 to 31/08/2011...

My guess is at some stage they were entered as 06/09/2010 to 05/09/2011, but that these bits are the left overs from when the dates were changed to be 06/09/2010 - 31/08/2011

Does this make it easier for me to remove them?

Cheers
    Andy
    Last edited by andykemp; 8th July 2010 at 05:31 PM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread