+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
MIS Systems Thread, Sims Intouch - Have you signed up? in Technical; Have there been any developments in this discussion recently? we are looking for an SMS solution, but with some of ...

Thank Post
    Have there been any developments in this discussion recently? we are looking for an SMS solution, but with some of the solutions requiring 3 year buy-ins, we are nervous about whether these partner products will still be operational/supported in three years?

Thank Post
    The solution is in your own hands? The more schools that stay away from InTouch and support the small guys, the better the chance they will all still be around in 3 years time :-) and the less likely Capita is to keep treading all over their supposed partners!

Or you can just play straight into Capita's hands and take the safe option. Should be an easy decision for you - I hope.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by marshharrier View Post
    I had the MD of ParentMail at my school recently, and he told me that he has personally contacted the CEO of Capita (Paul Pindar) to try to persuade Capita to consider producing a 'partner charter' which would grant partners a guaranteed amount of notice if they intend to enter a partners space. Guess what ... He didn't even get a reply! He also told me that he was given only one terms notice that Capita were planning on entering the comms market!
    Marshharrier - We are grateful for your support. To update members here, I never did hear back from Mr Pindar which is a shame as I had a 'partner charter' suggestion whereby Capita would give 12 months notice (perhaps longer) before entering a partners space. This would give the partner time to take evasive action or diversify their products to ensure their commercial survival.

More worryingly I received a letter on Thursday last week (7th April) from Phil Neal, informing me that Capita would once again be entering our space by offering payment functionality for parents. He gave no idea as to when exactly this would happen nor has he responded to my request for more information. I know he is a member of this forum so it will be interesting if he is prepared to debate Capita tactics in public?

As a small company employing 50 staff, it is very worrying that Capita seem intent on ruling the world. It really does feel like we (and other partners) are now paying thousands of pounds per year (partner charges) for the privilege of doing Capita's Research & Development.

I would be interested to know what members here feel about this action from Capita which will of course affect other partners too such as Tucasi, WisePay and ParentPay.

Paul

Thank Post
    Hi Guys

Still on the same topic of InTouch but with less Capita bashing!!

Has anyone got a clue how to move InTouch onto a new server? I have moved SIMS and FMS no problem at all but don't have ac lue how InTouch is setup and so therefore don't know how to move it?

Any clues would be useful please!

Cheers!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mtillbrook View Post
    Has anyone got a clue how to move InTouch onto a new server? I have moved SIMS and FMS no problem at all but don't have ac lue how InTouch is setup and so therefore don't know how to move it?

Last time I checked, you can't you have to pay Capita to reinstall it, it was 260 + vat last time I heard. Give them a ring, I could be wrong.

Thank Post
    haha, yeah but you are supposed to pay for capita to move SIMS onto a new server when its very easy and I do it all the time! Unfortunatly i haven't ever done InTouch so was wondering if anyone else has yet?
    Cheers though

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,116 Times in 1,012 Posts
    Intouch requires VPN connections to capita so I would say that you do have to talk to capita to get them to move it

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mtillbrook View Post
    haha, yeah but you are supposed to pay for capita to move SIMS onto a new server when its very easy and I do it all the time! Unfortunatly i haven't ever done InTouch so was wondering if anyone else has yet?
    Cheers though
    Yes, Capita "force" you to get them to install SIMS, that's why they spend all that time and money releasing installation media and documentation for us all which is so simple a monkey could do it. No, InTouch and hosted SLG you need to get them to setup because of the OpenVPN.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234