+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
MIS Systems Thread, SIMS crashing out when running a report in Technical; When a user tries to print preview a report, SIMS is crashing out and producing a 2144-6090-5900 error code. I ...
    Thank Post

SIMS crashing out when running a report

When a user tries to print preview a report, SIMS is crashing out and producing a 2144-6090-5900 error code.

I have wiped the machine, installed Office 2003 manually, all updates etc, cleared user's Windows logon profile.... Any suggestions?

Macro settings are also on Medium.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,383 Times in 1,145 Posts
    Can anyone run that report? Or is it localised to a user / machine?
    Usually if it's a complex report there is something that slows it down, either because it's trying to suck out too much info or it's going round in lots of subquery loops.
    try simplyfying the report to prove the basic part works. or maybe recreating from scratch. what about running without preview? i presume that crashes out too.
    if when you get the infarction and fault code message you look at details, that may give us more clue as to the underlying issue. can you recreate and post that.

Thank Post
    Funnily enough I've got a member of staff who has just encountered this exact same problem. But not only does the print preview crash; just clicking the print button brings up an error about the printer not being connected or the default setup. When I've already checked and tested that it is. Seems to be a fault with the users account in Sims rather than the PC itself.

I've also tried reinstalling Sims, changing the default printer and setting the macro level in Excel to low, but nothing has worked. I'm currently waiting for our Sims support team to get back to me with a solution.

Thank Post
    i slightly misread the original post, thinking you meant a simple preview of the report, or did you mean 'print preview', as in, you run the report to word and then print preview it...? it must be a sims fault as you've listed a fault code.
    i think the things i asked still stand.

what if you save the report output and then try to print? or give to another user to print...

Thank Post
    Doesnt look like a word error code..

Thank Post
    Hi vikpaw
    The report is restricted to this specific user in question however available on any machine that they log into on SIMS.

I meant "Print Preview" the report as in click print preview, the report then exports into the appropriate office app (Excel in this case) and then goes into Print Preview mode.

Sorry that I was a little confuddled. This has been a pain in the lower endpoint!

The report will export and then print however that is unsatisfactory for the user.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,168 Times in 797 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RSoP_Robbers View Post
    The report will export and then print however that is unsatisfactory for the user.
    Kind of supports your sig, doesn't it lol?

Back on topic: have you tried creating the report again from scratch? PITA but if it fixes it then you know the report has somehow become corrupted...

Thank Post
    i'm still confuddled.
    the only print preview before running the report is the 'go to print preview' option. are you saying that if you uncheck that, the report runs fine? but that the user wants it to go to print preview direct.?

-28 31' 48.89", +28 25' 37.42" ... if only.
    Thank Post
    When running a report you have the option to print preview which shows the list of names etc, included in the report. It also allows you to add or remove records.

I would recreate the report, also check if they still have enough rights to run that data since creating it.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RSoP_Robbers View Post
    Hi vikpaw
    The report is restricted to this specific user in question however available on any machine that they log into on SIMS.

I meant "Print Preview" the report as in click print preview, the report then exports into the appropriate office app (Excel in this case) and then goes into Print Preview mode.

Sorry that I was a little confuddled. This has been a pain in the lower endpoint!

Are you talking about an Assessment Marksheet here?

Thank Post
    Reports |Run report |Highlight a report (don't double click) Top left is a Preview and a Run button. Choose Preview.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by creese View Post
    Reports |Run report |Highlight a report (don't double click) Top left is a Preview and a Run button. Choose Preview.
    Sorry I wasnt replying to your post.. the description RSoP_Robbers has given sounds more like Marksheets then a SIMS Report.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by apeo View Post
    Sorry I wasnt replying to your post.. the description RSoP_Robbers has given sounds more like Marksheets then a SIMS Report.
    Ditto, I wasn't replying to yours

It just took me that long to fire up my test data.

Thank Post
    But rather than marksheets, it's more likely that the OP refers to individual reports, where hitting preview actually takes you to word, where as i don't know of any other option that does.
    the preview in data reports just shows them on screen.

EDIT: actually it's not more likely if i read the posts carefully, it's just more likely ind.reps. than marksheets which was the recent thought chain of last few posts.

it's defo got to be the print preview option that you get in excel based data reports, which i find really annoying and always uncheck!
    Last edited by vikpaw; 29th June 2010 at 02:43 PM. Reason: i had an afterthought.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by creese View Post
    Ditto, I wasn't replying to yours

It just took me that long to fire up my test data.
    LOL i did wonder My BAD, I stand corrected but the thing is RSoP_Robbers has stated the button is called Print Preview, which doesnt exist in SIMS report and the Preview you speak if isnt actually a Print Preview. Its a preview of the data you are pulling out. It in no way shows what its going to look like when you print it. Thats what i understand it to be.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast