+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
MIS Systems Thread, [SIMS] Bulk update future students? in Technical; Ahh I see. So if you have a student starting on the 1st September (currently in your pre-admission group). You ...

Thank Post
    Ahh I see.

So if you have a student starting on the 1st September (currently in your pre-admission group). You then use bulk update (effective date rolled forward to, say, the 2nd September) to update, say, MoT (mode of travel). You then create a report, to report on the students MoT as of the 2nd September (or the 3rd), the pre-admission students MoT will be blank\missing?

Wonder if it still happens come September when they are "live"?

Is that correct?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,294 Times in 884 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by matt40k View Post
    Ahh I see.

So if you have a student starting on the 1st September (currently in your pre-admission group). You then use bulk update (effective date rolled forward to, say, the 2nd September) to update, say, MoT (mode of travel). You then create a report, to report on the students MoT as of the 2nd September (or the 3rd), the pre-admission students MoT will be blank\missing?

Wonder if it still happens come September when they are "live"?

Is that correct?
    Almost correct, except that when you roll the date forward, the students don't even show up for you to enter any data. I'm 99.99% certain it is only because they are pre-admission (in fact, I admitted a couple to get them out of pre-admission, still with start date of 1st Sept, and they still didn't show up) and that they will show up once we get to 1st Sept, but it'd be really nice if the software I have no choice but to use didn't force me to wait that long

Thank Post
    I think Capita answer will, you can't admit students until they physically turn up on day one (Data protection). This of course, causes a back long of information that needs entering onto the system, which is in it's self a big (legal) issue.

It's a case of your dammed either way. Personnally, admit the students on the last day of term... Yes, I know, more issues. But it solves the latter two, assuming SLT etc are happy with it.

-28° 31' 48.89", +28° 25' 37.42" ... if only.
    Thank Post
    I think Capita answer will, you can't admit students until they physically turn up on day one (Data protection). This of course, causes a back long of information that needs entering onto the system, which is in it's self a big (legal) issue.

It's a case of your dammed either way. Personnally, admit the students on the last day of term... Yes, I know, more issues. But it solves the latter two, assuming SLT etc are happy with it.
    Actually I believe Capita say admit, then delete those that don't turn up. We advise only admitting those that turn up, even if they don't come back.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,294 Times in 884 Posts
    admit the students on the last day of term...
    That doesn't actually solve the problem anyway, you still can't use bulk update until the actual, real world date is the same as the students actual admission date, regardless of when you ran the admission routine.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123