+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, SIMS Fault at logon on Citrix server in Technical; Hi everyone, I installed SIMS on a 64bit Citrix server a little while ago. It complained about the 16bit workstation ...

Thank Post

SIMS Fault at logon on Citrix server

Hi everyone,

I installed SIMS on a 64bit Citrix server a little while ago. It complained about the 16bit workstation blah-de-blah not being compatible and needed a little bit of tweaking with an ini file but worked. Aince last week it no longer runs. There hasn't been any updates that I've been aware of and as far as I know, nothings changed.

The following SIMS Fault box appears after clicking to run SIMS .net and before the login box:

Fault Code: 4668-0533-6000
    The type initializer for 'System.Management.ManagementPath' threw an exception. : System.TypeInitializationException

Naturally, the Capita support site doesn't even acknowledge that fault code and Google can't help either. Googling parts of that error message suggests that it's quite a general .net error relating to WMI paths. Great, I don't think it helps me much though. Tried reinstalling it, no difference. Checked connect.ini and sims.ini and they both seem roughly right.

Our county SIMS support team have refused to assist as it is installed on a Citrix server and regardless of the fact that it is basically just a 64-bit 2003 R2 server, they're not interested. Maybe they don't support 64-bit at all, but I hadn't even mentioned that by the time they told me to go away.

So, can anyone help? Are there any particular things to look out for with SIMS in a Citrix/Terminal Services environment? Any help would be great 'cos I have absolutely no ideas.

Thanks,

Shuriken.

Thank Post
    64bit Win2003 R2 is fine and it does work with SIMS.net.

As far as I am aware, SIMS.net does work with Citrix/Terminal Services - a few schools I know have been happily using it for quite a while now (only the odd occasional AM7/Profiles issue pops up).

It sounds really odd that it has just stopped working though, surely something must have changed? Has SIMS been updated? Have there been any Windows updates applied? I'd also check what .net framework is currently installed.

Thank Post
    Hi Sarconia, thanks for replying.

I haven't done any SIMS updates (through SOLUS), so I don't think SIMS has changed. Windows updates might have applied automatically through WSUS. Just running a report now to check. With regards to .NET Frameworks, Add/Remove lists 1.1, 2.0 Service Pack 2, 3.0 Service Pack 2 and 3.5 SP1. Don't know if that's correct or not.

Thanks,

Shuriken.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread