+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
MIS Systems Thread, [SIMS - FMS] GDI32.DLL error [Solved] in Technical; SOLUS won't move stuff around. I think your SIMS.INI was incorrect so it's "installed" it to the path in your ...

Thank Post
    SOLUS won't move stuff around. I think your SIMS.INI was incorrect so it's "installed" it to the path in your sims.ini.

Give this a go when you get a chance.

Remove the line that starts FinanceDirectory= from SIMS.ini, delete the C:\program files\sims\fmssql and the c:\program files (x86)\sims\fmssql. Run S:\setups\fms\fmsapplicationsetup.exe, make sure it goes to C:\program files (x86)\sims\fmssql. Give the users full control of the folder. Run BDE administrator (control panel), click on configuration, drivers, native, paradox, change the net dir to C:\program files (x86)\sims\fmssql, apply. Run FMS (config the database settings for fmsconnect.ini), login.

PS: You wait till he starts teething!!

Thank Post
    Hi Matt,
    When running FMS to config the database settings for fmsconnect.ini, changing to
    C:\Program Files (x86)\SIMS\Finance

FMS will only allow
    C:\Program Files (x86)\SIMS\Fina

which of course isnt a directory.

Regards
    James

PS> yes...lots more to come with lil one....oh the joys

Thank Post
    on a side note,
    In the summer holidays, i am going to also be transferring to SQL 2008 R2 on a new server.
    Im not good with MS SQL (mysql im better on) but i need to transfer from the old to the new. 1 question.....HOW?

Cheers

Thank Post
    I wouldn't go SQL 2008 R2. Highly unsupported. Use the SQL2008 migration tool, the advanced option allows you to attach the mdfs which you've deattach from the old server.

Entering the realms of "would you like a chargable visit?"

Thank Post
    We have a license to cover both, so will use just the normal SQL 2008 and good to have a migration tool. Handy.
    Chargeable visit....um...no... we paid previously for cover to include visits and never got them...so think i will stumble through this one. Hopefully i can resort to this when i get stuck.

Any ideas on the previous post?

Thank Post
    Well it's a service, you don't moan to your ISP because you got charged for broadband on the weekends because you didn't use.

It's pretty clear what the problem is, it's permissions. The fact one user, who got admin rights can use it ok, but the others can confirms it. All Capita would do it give the user admin rights, which I'm guessing you don't want to do (user + ability to shutdown server = quiet server).

The fact the fmssql folder is in both 64bit and 32bit means something foobar. It doesn't do itself. Did you copy the sims.ini from another machine? Did you upgrade to x64 windows (can you even do that?)

It might be worth checking that one of the files within the fmssql folder has full control for the users.

Finally, if you edit the sims.ini (within C:\windows) does it change it for the users as well or is it magically reverted back.

Thank Post
    i would understand during holidays mate, but im talking about during term time. Anyways enough of the politics, when i told sue i was talking with you regarding this issue, she was pleased. )
    in response to the questions. I gave Sue full permissions and it still didnt work.
    It used to be in the 32bit program files, then after the one before last update, it went to the 64bit program files folder, which when you are running solus, you have no control over which folder it installs to. Only when you run it manually can you tell it which folder to go into.
    The files in FMSSQL were all changed to to sue and kelly to have full permissions.
    The weird thing is it only stopped working 3 weeks ago (ish). The week after half term and the following week it was working fine. Worked on the wednesday, then stopped on the thursday. No one changed anything, i was on paternity leave. ?? No permissions were changed, its soooo weird.
    Yes, with sims.ini when you change it in c:\windows it changes for all users.

Thank Post
    SOLUS won't move stuff. If it was set to use C:\program files (x86)\... when it was installed, it uses it. No magic.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesloker View Post
    i would understand during holidays mate, but im talking about during term time.
    I think you missed my point lol.

Thank Post
    Ok, well we have changed now to C:\Program Files (x86) and cannot setup the fmsconnect.ini to look in C:\Program Files (x86)\SIMS\Finance because, as mentioned before, it only picks up the C:\Program Files (x86)\SIMS\Fina

Thank Post
    You can't what? It's looking for fmsconnect.ini? Shouldn't it be in S:\sims, besides, you can just use the "i can't find..." option and enter the details manually.

Thank Post
    OK, FMSConnect.ini is stored in SIMS\Finance in the Program Files directory. Well i have just logged in as Administrator to windows and ran FMS, logged in as sue and still the access violation remains.

Thank Post
    Run the attached, attach the C:\permreport.txt it creates.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thank Post
    Please find attached.
    Please remember, i have added permissions in the past, they havent worked so have reverted back. Also, folders with .old are backups i have created so as not to lose any data incase of problem
    Code:
    Results permreport.txt
    Last edited by jamesloker; 2nd July 2010 at 10:27 AM.

Thank Post
    They're (GLEMSFORDSCHOOL\Staff) missing Full control of C:\windows\system32(\gdi32.dll), which is what the error is referring to.

Thank Post
    Matt,
    You didnt read my previous message. We have given full access previously, individually and to group. But i have tried again and still the access violation remains. Even if it was because of the group Glemsfordschool\STAFF that is missing. That would not explain the Administrator account experiencing the same issue. The only person who is able to access the fund review is the Headteacher. So this is not the reason as i have told CSD previously and has been noted on this thread. Back to the drawing board yet again.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast