+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
MIS Systems Thread, Facility CMIS 2.8 build 34 in Technical; Started preping for School census this week and touch wood that bit seems to be fine. Loads of new bits ...
    Thank Post

Re: Facility CMIS 2.8 build 34

Started preping for School census this week and touch wood that bit seems to be fine. Loads of new bits are required this time round. So I've spent 2 half days going through it with the secretary. Almost done now (we think)

Thank Post

Did ours this afternoon, already had a few templates not showing. Too ealry to tell yet, will nomore after they have had a day using it and finding faults.

ANyone else know about Adobe Reader 8?

By the way......ePortal in Red and White........nnnnoooooooooooooooo

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

look hereadobe reader 8 topic

Thank Post

well i was right admin will be upgraded tommrow all the backups were done today an tommrow there goinfor it ignoreing all my compaints so when it all goes wrong i will ignore them

an as for adobe reader needin up be updated to V8 i think thats the least of my worries yet if i do it on the admin pc's least they will think i have done it

Thank Post

We did our upgrade today. There are numerous mistakes in the installation instructions, and we found the schedular instructions complete nonsense (we couldn't get it to work at all). Eportal is a lot slower. There were a few issues reported by the admin staff, the most common being that none of them could get into CMIS following the upgrade (the missing file name feature) - very annoying. Apart from that it's all going swimmingly.

Thank Post

Having extensive experiance of schools MIS, i have to admit this is the worst ever upgrade i have seen.Facility has been broken beyound repair.I would recommend all schools to switch over to another supplier.Harsh, Yes!! Painfull, Yes!! but at least support staff would be able to do there job and sleep well in the night. its called job satisfaction .

I know people have there quibles about sims.net but at least you can Enter and extract data without having to call the helpline 10 times in a day.

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by ranj
    For Bham Schools, I have done the update to Build 34 and it seems flaky.
    Told you it would be fun

You can imagine the fun we're having here

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by Techd
    Having extensive experiance of schools MIS, i have to admit this is the worst ever upgrade i have seen.Facility has been broken beyound repair.I would recommend all schools to switch over to another supplier.Harsh, Yes!! Painfull, Yes!! but at least support staff would be able to do there job and sleep well in the night. its called job satisfaction .

I know people have there quibles about sims.net but at least you can Enter and extract data without having to call the helpline 10 times in a day.
    I would disagree, it may be a poor and hurried release but it has been one of the best supported from Link2ICTs side and compared to updates of a year or 2 ago quite stable. Ok there have been some annoying new "features" but nothing major. If your install is broken beyond repair then I would be looking at other factors that could have caused this as well as the update.

Thank Post

I have to admit it has not been half as bad as I was expecting. Our staff are very understanding about the circumstances and have been prepared to put up with their menus missing and timetables no longer displaying Mondays. But then we consulted them all the way through and they know that we had to do the upgrade so that they could get the census returned - and they all have an understanding of how important the census is. I sent out instructions to all users how to log in after the upgrade and did not get a single person having to ask for help wth it - and considering how many staff access CMIS this is quite a coup. There has been a real team spirit about the whole thing.

We went with the upgrade as soon as it was released on Monday because we have got a travel plan and therefore had to enter a couple of thousand methods of transport in for out students so time was of the essence.

Linkk2ICT really seem to have pulled it out of the bag - first line support are all fully up to date with the problems and able to dial in and fix them straight away - which caught me out, I went back to my office to make the phone call expecting it to be put in a queue with other jobs and a couple of hours before I heard anything back. OK - it took them a few minutes to be able to answer the phone, but considering how many calls they must be getting that is not suprising.

I would question the decision by Facility to try and do as many things in this release as they have done, knowing there was a definitive deadline. I think most people expect two upgrade a year for CMIS - one for the census and then one to enhance / fix the rest of it. Trying to combine all the different LEA builds just before the Census was asking for trouble I think hence the last minute rush which I believe has been caused by things totally unrelated to the census.

strangely eportal has caused us no problems at all since the upgrade and seems quicker than ever!

Sorry about the waffle, but just wanted to try and bring some positivity into the whole situation.

Thank Post

hi all,
    long time listener, first time poster..

Had to chip in when i saw all this Cmis talk. Its usually a serious gripe for us at our school, the look on the office managers face when she announces "Census Time" !! But the newest update ( i say update, its a bloody cheek, reload more like!) went straight on, no hicups. And after four days still no issues, in the past we've spent days on the phones to the helpline.
    Just wanted to let people know, its not been a complete bag-o-crap everywhere.

As a side thought, does anyone know where i can get some Eportal manual/instructions/etc..?

Thank Post

If you based in a birmingham school, cant you just obtain the manuals off the install CD for eportal? was ther nothing on the upgrade CD?

if not http://www.bgfl.org/services/itcmis

although i bet the manuals have not been updated yet.

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by DanH
    hi all,
    long time listener, first time poster..

Had to chip in when i saw all this Cmis talk. Its usually a serious gripe for us at our school, the look on the office managers face when she announces "Census Time" !! But the newest update ( i say update, its a bloody cheek, reload more like!) went straight on, no hicups. And after four days still no issues, in the past we've spent days on the phones to the helpline.
    Just wanted to let people know, its not been a complete bag-o-crap everywhere.

As a side thought, does anyone know where i can get some Eportal manual/instructions/etc..?
    Run.... It's a Serco Spy :-) Sorry DanH, you must be the only person in the country who hasnt had an issue. Our accounts dept cant do anything. Printing orders wont work and neither will authorising payments!

Thank Post

Same here accounts is the big problem at the moment as most of the reports don't work. (I think we have over 100 custom reports in finance alone)

Also still got probs with attendance and mixed year groups.

On the brighter side school census seemed to go ok today, but I was expecting that bit to be right.

The fun will start now census is out of the way. :twisted:

Thank Post

We've had one problem, in that when you attempt to run the Events Entry Screen from the pupil dashboard, you get a nasty java error. Bout it though.

Kyle

Thank Post

**UPDATE [FROM SPY] **

Register's dont scan -simple, resetup OMR
    Around 30 pupils decided to 'leave' mysteriously immediately after the install - yet still decided to attend our school, how gracious of them!
    All not deleted but 'left' teachers (not support staff though) all immediately decided to take back their old posts. (really scared our office manager, when she saw the wages bill!!!) - ticked back left, and has since stayed that way...

seems i may have been too early to defend Facility..

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast