+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, Hebron.Net in Technical; Is anyone else using this software? I would be very interested to hear anyone else's experiences....
    Thank Post

Hebron.Net

Is anyone else using this software? I would be very interested to hear anyone else's experiences.

Thank Post

Re: Hebron.Net

Yes I am using Hebron.Net.

In the last 12 months it has come a long way. We were and still are SIMS users in the fact that we use it for EXAMS and Timetable but that’s only because Hebron had decided to improve and rewrite the Timetable module and is due for released end of March 2007.

I have just waited over 2 weeks after logging call for Capita to even look at our database. My Exams officer is going spare and has resulted to entering the exams data directly with the boards. He was reluctant to use the Hebron module as he hasn’t had training yet but I have just had a look and it seems to work.

It does need to have the entry of candidates screen improved to speed up the process of entering them. Hebron is adding some extra functionality into the Exams module to speed this up. I don’t know when this will be completed but sooner the better as I can dump SIMS finally.

The Quickest fix from Hebron was 2 hours I won’t even bother grading Capita.

I think Hebron will be the one to watch.
    NOTICE THEY DEMONSTRATE IT ON THE NEW VISTA.
    Yes it is truly Microsoft.Net compliant.

Thank Post

Hi Mcpman
    Thanks for your reply, can I ask what you're using Hebron for?
    Are you thinking about using it for end of term reports?
    What about fees?

It does seem to have potential, but we were sold it as a finished product 2 years ago!

Thank Post

Hi ShorehamGeek,

I believe the Assessment package works well I know schools that are using it. We have just started to input our curriculum and will be running it for the reports at the end of next term. We couldn’t start earlier as we had some issues in the way we do things. I wanted to change our coding to match the DFES standards. I couldn’t be doing with teacher names for classes, when they leave it means more work.

I want Hebron.NET to pick up the students for each class like 10MA1 for maths and just add the teacher to the classes. If they then leave I just change the staff member. This was not being done like that when I arrived. I also wanted the curriculum years from 1 to 13. I do not see why people insist on making things hard. If we want to buy some learning software I want to be able to export and import our data straight into the new package with minimum work.

As for fees we are using the Double First package from Hebron. Does exactly what it says on the tin. The new Hebron.Net fees package is out but like any new software it will take time to iron out any bugs. We all do things differently and so it must be almost impossible to make software bug free just look at Microsoft.

I have met with all the team at Hebron and was very encouraged to see the commitment they have to their customers. They have a great software development team based in house in Yeovil.

I think this will be Hebron’s year.
    I remember singing up to the Sims.Net package and after the first year when we did an end of year it lost all the attendance for the whole school year and we had to re-enter it. Not bad in a school with 1800 students.

I have not had any problems like this with Hebron. In fact just upgraded yesterday to Hebron.net 2.7 on the server and that’s it. The workstations upgrade themselves when staffs run Hebron which takes an extra couple of seconds on the first login.

We have been a Hebron.Net user for 12 months now.

Thank Post

I used to live in Shoreham!

Thank Post

Thanks for your feedback mcpman. Reassuring to know that there is a satisfied Hebron.Net user out there. I have to make some expensive recommendations, and it's always nice to hear someone else's positive experiences. 8)

StewartKnight - do you every come back to this part of the south coast?

Thank Post

no I don't come back because I live too far away, but I do miss the facilities that we had at Emerald Quay!!!!

Thank Post

Is anyone using Hebron for timetable management yet?? Any opinions good or bad greatly appreciated?

Thank Post

I have a client that has had Hebron.net installed for 18 months and despite Hebron and the client's best Endeavours they are unable to get it work. They are considering going back to the old version of Hebron and regret changing. I would take great care in evaluating this product.

Thank Post

One of the many schools which use our hebron.NET MIS software extensively and very successfully, has let me know of the negative post made by 'IT4Schools' - see above.

As Hebron's Chairman, I am concerned at what 'IT4Schools is saying for two reasons.

First, if we have a school which is unhappy, I would want to know which.

Second, 'IT4Schools' has no Edugeek Profile, has only made 2 posts, both of which are identical, making it look suspiciously like a 'plant' from a competitor.

So please, 'IT4Schools', let us all know who you are, what your position and work is, and the details of the school you mention.

Regards,

Piers du Pre
    Chairman
    Hebron UK Ltd
    www.hebron.co.uk

Thank Post

That's a fair comment - never used Hebron.Net but they surely do have the right to feedback...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HebronChair
    One of the many schools which use our hebron.NET MIS software extensively and very successfully, has let me know of the negative post made by 'IT4Schools' - see above.

As Hebron's Chairman, I am concerned at what 'IT4Schools is saying for two reasons.

First, if we have a school which is unhappy, I would want to know which.

Second, 'IT4Schools' has no Edugeek Profile, has only made 2 posts, both of which are identical, making it look suspiciously like a 'plant' from a competitor.

So please, 'IT4Schools', let us all know who you are, what your position and work is, and the details of the school you mention.

Regards,

Piers du Pre
    Chairman
    Hebron UK Ltd
    www.hebron.co.uk
    Hi Piers

Welcome to the forum. We love chairmen coming on here, as it is good to see companies who still know how to use internet and not lawyers.

I think it would be useful for you and IT4schools to talk off forum to discuss issues his school/client has been having.

But on the note of him being plant.

This is what I can confirm (looking at his private profile and doing few bit of searches.

He is IT consultant but could of been paid to be plant (but if is very bad one as I can found out his identity very easily).

But I would like ict4schools to post and confirm and deny etc etc.

Russell
    EduGeek.net Admin

Thank Post

Hi Russell,

Thanks for the encouragement. The Hebron team and I are more than willing to answer any questions or concerns on our MIS and stand alone products.

I had looked at IT4Schools's profile, to contact him (?) direct, but with nothing there I felt I had to post on the forum.

Again, thanks for the encouragement, and let's see what happens.

Regards

Piers (du Pré)
    www.hebron.co.uk

Thank Post

Piers you can use the pm button.

Thank Post

Thanks Phil.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread