+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, Report writing in Technical; Currently we are using SIMS Profiles but we've been looking at using individual reports via assessment manager. Neither of these ...
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Report writing

Currently we are using SIMS Profiles but we've been looking at using individual reports via assessment manager. Neither of these is particularly all encompassing does anyone know of one that is preferably online based locally hosted?

Wes

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,197 Times in 812 Posts
    Have a word with Walsall LEA (I'm presuming you work in Walsall from your profile) or failing that I believe SMIS in Oldbury provide some Walsall schools with support, you want to ask about SIMS Webparts, we use this to allow staff to enter data in to marksheets online and then link those aspects in to individual reports (I'm not sure if there is a profiles web part)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LosOjos View Post
    (I'm not sure if there is a profiles web part)
    Yes there is!
    And one wonders why one would want to move away from such a powerful product as Profiles ...... !
    Last edited by Sivadam; 14th June 2010 at 07:16 PM.

Thank Post
    I would go for the Profiles web part (SLG...) ........ just ordered the patch from our LEA for it. Will post some example screen shots up when I get it!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,197 Times in 812 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sivadam View Post
    Yes there is!
    And one wonders why one would want to move away from such a powerful product as Profiles ...... !
    We're moving to Profiles in September all being well, can't wait to do away with the countless marksheets that get set up for reports! Not to mention the spelling errors (yes, I know AM7 highlights errors and even has a spell checking function, but you try getting some staff to use it...)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Been using profiles for the last 4 years and web parts profiles for the last 2 however the actual templates we want to create aren't possible in sims, we've added a lot of Aspects to try and get round some of the inconveniences but several remain. Also Capita have been delaying the Profiles web parts reporting to parents since October 2009. TBH Assessment reports have more flexibility and if somehting is missing from the year group i.e. a new subject (we have these quite often) once the profile session is active there's no going back (this doesn't happen often we usually find out before the session is active but it has happened and it's really annoying) this is also a problem if subjects need to change things and have waited until the last minute. I want a much better reporting tool and Capita are working on it but not quickly enough for our needs.

Wes

7. Thanks to wesleyw from:

LosOjos (16th June 2010)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,158 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wesleyw View Post
    Been using profiles for the last 4 years and web parts profiles for the last 2 however the actual templates we want to create aren't possible in sims, we've added a lot of Aspects to try and get round some of the inconveniences but several remain. Also Capita have been delaying the Profiles web parts reporting to parents since October 2009. TBH Assessment reports have more flexibility and if somehting is missing from the year group i.e. a new subject (we have these quite often) once the profile session is active there's no going back (this doesn't happen often we usually find out before the session is active but it has happened and it's really annoying) this is also a problem if subjects need to change things and have waited until the last minute. I want a much better reporting tool and Capita are working on it but not quickly enough for our needs.

Wes
    Those are some of the reasons i have advised avoiding Profiles at 3 schools now, we can do what we need with AM7 and it's flexible.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread