+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, Nova Unrecognized Staff in Technical; Just setup SQL link to sims. when i transfer the curriculum from nova to sims through sql mode, it completes ...
    Thank Post

Nova Unrecognized Staff

Just setup SQL link to sims. when i transfer the curriculum from nova to sims through sql mode, it completes correctly. BUT i get a box at the end saying "Unregocnized Staff", "These items were referenced to in the NOVA timetable but were not recognised by the SQL Database. The lessons have been transfered but without the teacher or room concered"

The classes appear fine in nova timetables for staff, students and room. They do not appear in SIMS .net attached to a staff record. although room and subject is on student timetable.

The teachers have been entered both in the Nova teacher database and in the SIMS .net staff file and allocated a staff code. Any ideas please?

Thank Post

Re: Nova Unrecognized Staff

I should know for sure but I'm rusty on this area. NOVA used to match on staff initials in both systems - check that the initials in SIMS are present.

Thank Post

Ok, well as this sims was a new install i used the nova database to enter teacher details onto sims. i assued that the teacher code (nova) was the same as the staff code field in SIMS.net. So the data in sims was taken out of nova and manually entered into sims. I have checked all the teachers that are in both systems and the staff codes match

Thank Post

Check tha people have the same Staff initials in personnel, and that the persync tools runs when you exit it. And also check that they all have the teacher box ticked in personnel aswell

Gaz

Thank Post

We do not use sims personnel. Although through the sims staff records all teaching staff have had the "teaching" tick box checked, and been set as qualified teachers

Thank Post

where r u from aa0202? which LEA

Thank Post

would the lea code/name be something that could cause the problem

Thank Post

lol, no I am based in kent so our LEA runs a support service which is a great help with SIMS its called EIS wouldn't know if u have a simular thing. If you haven't solved this problem by monday i will consult our timetabler and see how we fixed her problem before. im sure it was staff initials taken from personnel

Gaz

Thank Post

would really appreaicate it, i thought i would ask people on here first, just to see if anyone knows, plus as its on here now if it gets solved it may fix the problem for other people

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,887 Times in 1,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

One of the issues is that Personell still controls a certain amount of information in SIMS.net and modules such as Nova. You *have* to use it to get things working right.

Once you have got the information about teachers into Personell (with the correct staff identifier codes) and you use the persynch tools on exit from Personell (as mentioned above) you can then check to make sure the details on entry in SIMS.net are the same as those in Nova.

If you get your SIMS support from your LEA or directly from Capita they will be able to help you get Personell working properly.

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by GrumbleDook
    One of the issues is that Personell still controls a certain amount of information in SIMS.net and modules such as Nova. You *have* to use it to get things working right.

Once you have got the information about teachers into Personell (with the correct staff identifier codes) and you use the persynch tools on exit from Personell (as mentioned above) you can then check to make sure the details on entry in SIMS.net are the same as those in Nova.

If you get your SIMS support from your LEA or directly from Capita they will be able to help you get Personell working properly.
    We had the same problem some time ago (July 2006) and it is Personnel module that needs looking at first as far as I remember.

Thank Post

Wow, thanks for that=. I didnt realise that the staff module was the personnel one. I manually ran persynch and it solved the problem. Thanks alot folks i do have one more problem which is completely different. So i will do another post when i get round to it

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread