+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
MIS Systems Thread, [SIMS] Extra curricular in Technical; It is a shame that they have chosen to do their own thing rather than develop a partner's already well ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,397 Times in 1,157 Posts
    It is a shame that they have chosen to do their own thing rather than develop a partner's already well established product. you'd think those developers would be best placed helping out with the existing modules that need fixing, improving or otherwise sorting out.
    nonetheless, the type of offering that schoolcomms gives is to be honest, on it's way out, certainly the emailing side, as we move towards web based solutions like SLG, and the tie in to AD, as it's easy to just use the groups and exchange to send any kind of mailing out. so the only part that it has going for it is the texting facility, and the write back into SIMS which is pretty awesome.
    i guess we just wait and see

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarconia View Post
    I bet SchoolComms aren't too happy about that! It sounds like Capita are trying to hog the market if you ask me, why attempt to fix what isn't broken?
    Dead right Sarconia! Capita have several 'partners' in this space (all of whom have to pay Capita for the privilege) who will now ALL be terribly upset by this. All I can say is why on earth would ANYONE partner with Capita, as all that happens is that they eventually copy the partner's ideas possibly putting several small companies out of business! This isn't the first time they've done this nor will it be the last.

The education sector is best served by 'choice' and Capita do their best to make sure that Capita is the only choice! The only way it will stop is if schools 'see' what is going on and don't buy.
    Last edited by marshharrier; 26th June 2010 at 08:58 AM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by marshharrier View Post
    Dead right Sarconia! Capita have several 'partners' in this space (all of whom have to pay Capita for the privilege) who will now ALL be terribly upset by this. All I can say is why on earth would ANYONE partner with Capita, as all that happens is that they eventually copy the partner's ideas possibly putting several small companies out of business! This isn't the first time they've done this nor will it be the last.

The education sector is best served by 'choice' and Capita do their best to make sure that Capita is the only choice! The only way it will stop is if schools 'see' what is going on and don't buy.
    Strong views. Care to declare an interest at this stage?

Thank Post
    No I'm afraid not!

I am just passionate that small providers get a chance, especially as that's where most of the 'original thinking' comes from! I hate to see them being simply trampled underfoot by a company that already has far too much control of the education software market as it is! Total and utter 'greed' is the only word for it.

If WE don't stick up for small companies we'll only have ourselves to blame when there is no choice other than Capita, at which point we'll also have no choice but to pay the prices they want.

H.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by marshharrier View Post
    No I'm afraid not!

I am just passionate that small providers get a chance, especially as that's where most of the 'original thinking' comes from! I hate to see them being simply trampled underfoot by a company that already has far too much control of the education software market as it is! Total and utter 'greed' is the only word for it.

If WE don't stick up for small companies we'll only have ourselves to blame when there is no choice other than Capita, at which point we'll also have no choice but to pay the prices they want.

H.
    I agree with you entirely. However, with my hat on, most if not all of your posts are about ParentPay, so i'm just wondering if you have any vested interests. hat off now: I'm all for taking down the big companies, well at least keeping them inline, but would rather it done fairly and openly. Apologies if i've got the wrong end of the stick, but i do have to ask.

EDIT: sorry, i meant ParentMail not ParentPay
    Last edited by vikpaw; 29th June 2010 at 10:55 AM. Reason: sorry meant ParentMail, not ParentPay

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12