+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, [SIMS] Reset the completion status of marksheets? in Technical; I may be being dumb here, but I have looked through every menu I can think of and can't find ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,203 Times in 816 Posts

[SIMS] Reset the completion status of marksheets?

I may be being dumb here, but I have looked through every menu I can think of and can't find an easy solution to this.

Is there a way of resetting the completion status (the check box) on a range of marksheets without manually going in to each template and clicking each separate marksheet within it?

I'm using the completion status to run off reports on who still has to finish their marksheet data entry, but it's such a PITA to go in to every template and untick every marksheet after every assessment sweep!

Thank Post
    I've had a look and I can't see any way to do this either...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,400 Times in 1,160 Posts
    I think it's come up before and it's a manual process. Are you wanting to just bulk untick a whole batch of them?
    We could script it you know, like my change resultset script. Assuming you can do it from the marksheet view, then all the variables are fixed, and you just scroll down the marksheet list...
    I've looked and we can simulate things although it's not pretty the way it works, but under 7.126 i've got it repeatable:
    once you double click into a marksheet, you are on the date then
    Code:
    TAB
    LEFT
    ENTER
    SPACE
    Ctrl + S
    Ctrl + U
    Ctrl + >
    and repeat to fade.
    i haven't scripted it yet but would be interested in trying it, it works manually, the only thing i can't remember is how to send the angle bracket key, but i'm sure it's trivial.

4. Thanks to vikpaw from:

LosOjos (26th May 2010)

Thank Post
    Just in case you want to have a go. I have been using a script on the staff area to enter default values for some contracts but haven't been able to script the angle bracket key, so the combination Ctrl+> doesn't work. I've had similar problems with Alt+8, which should jump to the employment panel. having to use a little bit more manual interaction than i'd hoped.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,203 Times in 816 Posts
    Thanks Vikpaw, that is one way of doing it but there is a slight problem: if the marksheet isn't marked complete, a VBScript such as that one will mark it as complete, Sims simply toggles between the two states when you select it. Looks like another potentially useful feature of assessment manager that's turned in to more hassle than it's worth, do Capita actually take on board any user feedback I wonder?

Thank Post
    True, i had envisaged it such that you just wanted to reset them after they were all done and by implication had all been ticked.
    Unfortunately as you say, there is a limitation to the scripts, but at the moment, i'm saving nearly 1 minute per staff record, and with 240ish, that's half a day so you still gotta love 'em.
    It is yet another limitation of the assessment suite, and i'm sure if you made a change request, and got enough people to vote on it via SupportNet it would get noticed. I reckon there is probably already a change request, i know it's been discussed there before.
    Some things though, you'd think would be a nobrainer, and just get on the list. I noticed PhilNeal browsing the forums v.early this morning, i'm sure he keeps notes.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread