+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
MIS Systems Thread, SIMS AM7 Template Change resultset script in Technical; Originally Posted by LosOjos <snip> One thing that has always bugged me too is how awkward it is to switch ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,487 Times in 1,234 Posts

SIMS AM7 Template Change resultset script

Quote Originally Posted by LosOjos View Post
    <snip>
    One thing that has always bugged me too is how awkward it is to switch between result sets, you have to either go in to each column individually and change it, or delete the lot and add them back in with the new result set: if you could highlight a range of them and update the result set in one go, that'd speed things up a hell of a lot.
    I have a vbscript that with a bit of priming could change the resultset by a fixed amount in contiguous rows in the template setup, i.e. change all "y1 first term" to the resultset x above or below in the resultset list. it needs testing with each update as capita keep changing the tab order on a page, and it only works if the rows are of the same type, 'date entry' or 'data review' ... interested?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vikpaw View Post
    I have a vbscript that with a bit of priming could change the resultset by a fixed amount in contiguous rows in the template setup, i.e. change all "y1 first term" to the resultset x above or below in the resultset list. it needs testing with each update as capita keep changing the tab order on a page, and it only works if the rows are of the same type, 'date entry' or 'data review' ... interested?
    YES!!!!

Can you email it to me? It sounds perfect, and well timed too - we have to make changes to the templates in a few weeks time...
    Last edited by Tyiell; 27th April 2010 at 09:54 AM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,294 Times in 884 Posts
    Sounds good, I'd definitely be willing to give it a go!

Thank Post
    Not as sophiscated as Vik's but I export the tempalte then do a find and replace in notepad on a resultset external id.
    This changes all of resutlset X to resultset Y
    I find it easiest to clone the template and export the clone and only reimport the template node (not resultset node)

I did post in file sharing on supportnet (619) some excel VBA code that relatively quickly allows you to do many find and replaces on xml template to produce many templates.
    i.e. able to create a tempalte template for one subject then use the vba to produce the same template but for many different subjects.
    I'm no coder and its pretty simplistic but if is of use to any one please have a look.

Doesn't get round the main issue that creating/editing/maintianing templates (particularly with formulas in) is a slow and tedious process.

Thank Post
    just lunching, then i'll test it out on 7.126 and release for beta testing

Thank Post

Lightbulb Script to change resultset in template NOT CAPITA ENDORSED

i'd hardly call sending keyboard commands to the screen sophisticated, however it is once working, quick and painless, and doesn't involve leaving SIMs.

I was right, the move from 7.122 to 7.126 did bring with it some minor changes, which i've accounted for, in fact it has improved the functionality of my script actually, so some beta testers would be welcome. i'm attaching both versions.

it uses vbscript to simulate commands to the SIMS screen, so it's just like you doing it yourself in SIMs just very fast. you may need to place the script on your desktop locally and have admin rights for it to work.

it's best not to have anything else open at the time either else it will take over whatever application has focus.

to prime the system, be logged into SIMS and open the template that needs editing, the cursor will be on the name box and in the column list the bottom row will be slightly coloured, which is how things need to be set up.

then just double click the script and fill in some options, you need to state how many rows from the bottom you want to start altering, how many rows to alter, what displacement for resultset e.g. next one in list, up 2, down 3, entered as just positive or negative integer, and lastly choose whether the block of rows are data or formula.

the big change this time is that both data entry and data review columns can be changed at the same time. or you can alter data entry by formula, but not a combo.

usual caveats apply, make a backup / clone of the marksheet first. this isn't authorised by capita. i am not responsible if it messes up your system and accidentally emails the head to say you skipped out to the pub for lunch during period 5 etc.

please feed back...

EDIT: going out of the office now, so might not catch any replies, but hope all goes well.

EDIT2: This version will only change data review columns or formula columns but will work on 7.126 and 7.128 see later post for fully working 7.128 version.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by vikpaw; 18th May 2010 at 01:18 PM. Reason: edit

7. 2 Thanks to vikpaw:

LosOjos (27th April 2010), Tyiell (28th April 2010)

Thank Post
    Not working with 7.128 I'm afraid, they must have changed the layout again. Good idea though

Thank Post
    did you try both? open up the file and you can modify, it's fairly straightforward to figure out.
    otherwise, i've just finished downloading Spring v2 so will stick it on a VM and look

Thank Post
    I'm stuggling to open it at the moment, but my machine is misbehaving at the moment - I'll test it today, once I have kicked it back into line

Thank Post
    Sorry guys my mistake, the template i was testing on was modified and so i changed the script for no reason. the 7.126 script will work on 7.128 but will only change data review columns or formula columns.

i am just testing a new 7.128 with 3 variants on it, which will have the option to enter blank or 0 for Data Entry, 1 for Data Review and 2 or higher will alter Data Entry by Formula.

will post up shortly, sorry again.
    vik

Thank Post
    Here it is, please see previous post for conditions of use / caveats etc.

I really hope it works for you now.

There are a few things that need tweaking but i just want to make sure it works ok. During testing i found it's quite easy to use working down the list in small numbers doing little batches of different types of column without starting on the bottom row each time.

To do this, once the script has run, click the link for 1.Basic and it resets the page back to how the script likes it, but with the start point being just after the last change, so you can start with 255 rows up, or whatever the total number of rows is, and then say change 10, let it move down, then do the next 10. Probably completely useless in practise, but it worked for me during testing, as i knew exactly how many columns and of which type were in my template.

EDIT Usual caveats apply, make a backup / clone of the marksheet first. this isn't authorised by capita. i am not responsible if it messes up your system and accidentally emails the head to say you skipped out to the pub for lunch during period 5 etc.
    This version does not work for SLG enabled schools and a minor edit to the script is needed.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by vikpaw; 18th May 2010 at 01:20 PM. Reason: add caveats

13. Thanks to vikpaw from:

LosOjos (5th May 2010)

Thank Post
    I'm trying to use it but I'm getting quite confused.

I have a template as such:
    Code:
    Target - Result 1
    Estimate - Result 2
    Estimate - Result 3
    Data Entry - Result 4 ---
    Data Entry - Result 4    |
    Data Entry - Result 4    |--- I want to change this range to (for example) 'Result 5'
    Data Entry - Result 4 ---
    So I click on the name of the last aspect, then I run the script with the options:
    Rows to move up = 7
    Columns to change = 8
    Displacement = 1
    Data type = 0

What happens is that I see SIMS briefly open the group selector, then it opens up a marksheet in the template and changes the date: I must be doing something wrong!

Thank Post
    Also, the 'Cancel' button doesn't work, the script just continues the same as if you press the 'OK' button

Thank Post
    Seems okay, but make sure after clicking name of aspect i.e. clicking on the row in the list you then click on the link for 1.Basic, to make sure your cursor is in the first most entry box.
    The displacement, will move 1 up the list so if you created your resultsets methodically, the example would change it to Result 3.
    Hope that helps.

Thank Post
    the cancel button, is just there because i'm using the prompt, i'll have to have a look if i can set it to not appear, or better still actually "break" the script.
    it's very rough and ready for my use, i only recently started putting in the loops and prompts otherwise i just edit the script each time i need it.
    sorry.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast