+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
MIS Systems Thread, Schoolcomms or Truancy/Call Parents? in Technical; Originally Posted by Sivadam Vic - if you contact Schoolcomms then you can change the priorities! And it seems that ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,383 Times in 1,145 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sivadam View Post
    Vic - if you contact Schoolcomms then you can change the priorities!
    And it seems that you are missing out on the Absence bit of it with the write back facility to Attendance!
    i'm confused. The default implementation Schoolcomms told me is to only import priority 1 contacts, or 2 as well, if you specify. As i said:

Quote Originally Posted by vikpaw View Post
    It only takes priority 1 contacts or 2 if you specify.
    The only quirk is, that if you have a contact that you don't put a priority on, the system complains during the import process. It's not really a situation that should arise, nonetheless it can and does for some of our data, and there's no need for Schoolcomms to whinge about it.

What 'Absence bit' am i missing out on? :
    Quote Originally Posted by vikpaw View Post
    i don't see any reason to call parents now, if you can email and text the majority, and handle the responses that come back, in terms of absence and write back to sims, it's pretty top notch as far as i can see.
    I agree with you, that SLG will take over most of this sort of functionality in the future. Certainly the email side of things. Texting would still go through Schoolcomms i can imagine, and emails too if you want that link back to attendance.

It's probably about time, Capita just bought out Schoolcomms and absorbed their systems...

@Dancer - i like the idea of leaving a voicemail, but we prefer text or email. Still it's a nice idea.

I can't believe that you don't have a link in to MIS, that should be a big push from all users surely...?

We too have another texting service that we had before schoolcomms, in fact we don't really use schoolcomms for text, it's only email for pretty much all purposes.

come over to schoolcomms, it will make your life easier plus you can say you got in before Capita took them over

Thank Post
    truancy Call and Call Parents works with Sims...School comms is very expensive, there are alot of extra's to pay for aswell.
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamd22 View Post
    Has anyone dived in and got schoolcomms as we use SIMS.Net and SLG here but we are currently using TruancyCall/Callparents and just wondered whether its worth moving over not just financially but if it works better with SIMS?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by steele757 View Post
    truancy Call and Call Parents works with Sims...School comms is very expensive, there are alot of extra's to pay for aswell.
    That's news to me, we've been happy customers for years. All we pay is maintenance and the only extra is if i need to buy more texts!

4. Thanks to vikpaw from:

Schoolcomms (13th September 2012)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I was a very happy customer for many a year and still advocate they are a great company, service and product. Expensive? Not really, just your standard annual maintenance. Simple, easy product that just works, and is web based (apart from the integration client on the server)... so I likey very muchly!

Surprised Groupcall Messenger hasn't been mentioned here... big advocate of these guys too
    Last edited by GREED; 12th September 2012 at 06:33 PM.

6. Thanks to GREED from:

Schoolcomms (13th September 2012)

Thank Post
    I've seen on here with other comments suggesting they charge quite a large sum for extra trianing if it's needed and also pay more to have it on more than 1 computer. I've also looked on the website myself and it's extra for more than 1 licence?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    As far as I remember, the software is so easy it doesn't require much training! I know there is the additional multi-user licence cost.

9. Thanks to GREED from:

Schoolcomms (2nd October 2012)

Thank Post
    Yep there is a multi-user licence, but defo never needed training. We're thousands of miles away, and it's fine. The support is also really good, i even have one of their guys emailing me on a sunday. Not that i've much needed support, it's usually just my internet being flaky, or the last time a user's S drive not mapped correctly.

11. Thanks to vikpaw from:

Schoolcomms (2nd October 2012)

Thank Post
    I don't think we have charged a single customer for training in 2012. We only charge for training in exceptional circumstances - generally only if a school wants repeated onsite training for a large number of users.

As the other posts here show, the vast majority of our users become completely confident in all aspects of the software during their free trial. We consider the quality of our support as something which really distinguishes us, and this is completely free for as long as you are a customer.

Regards

Schoolcomms

13. 2 Thanks to Schoolcomms:

GREED (2nd October 2012), vikpaw (2nd October 2012)

Thank Post
    For those not in the know, there are some cool new features:
    There's a web interface, so no more desktop client required apart from for Admin,
    You can send e-cards, which work great for primary, and staff!
    You can send timetables to staff and students,
    and there is an extra module they've developed which is to handle parents evenings.
    They're also working with GroupCall Emerge to integrate with that. Oh and some kind of payments system as well.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I didn't know half of that (the latter half of that list) @vikpaw how awesome

Thank Post
    It's great to see Capita partners working together

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    The parents evening system is actually another company that they have tapped into.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12