+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, Looking for an alternative MIS to Integris and Pearsons for large Primary in Technical; Hi Folks! A client of mine is a large Primary school of approx 600 pupils (3 form entry) We have ...
    MDM

Thank Post

Looking for an alternative MIS to Integris and Pearsons for large Primary

Hi Folks!

A client of mine is a large Primary school of approx 600 pupils (3 form entry)

We have to upgrade our MIS and are looking for alternatives to Integris G2 and Pearsons E1

We would like to hear about a similar sized school that has been using an MIS for a while which works for them, (and how it integrates with their MLE/VLE and assessment if relevant)

I dont want this thread to become an opinion on which MIS is best as it's already been done...

Simply we are looking for good working examples and leads I can follow up with prospective suppliers

Any recommendations would be appreciated or we are going to go the default route of safety in numbers

is there a sheep icon in here somewhere??

Seriously, many thanks for all the great posts on this forum, i read with interest!

L

Thank Post
    Can I ask the question, why you are looking for alternatives to Integris G2 and Pearson E1, is it because both of these systems are centrally hosted, and you want to look at a school hosted solution, or is there another reason

Just interested

As this forum is dominated by SIMS users (SIMS is the dominant supplier of MIS), most of the replies will be for SIMS, so not a fair reflection really for other systems
    Last edited by ntm1275; 25th January 2010 at 08:53 PM.

Thank Post
    Sims.net is very good; it has assessment profiles; and gets better with every release!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,051 Times in 920 Posts
    I'll then say the opposite and say Serco, we may be small in number but we are a mighty program I do enjoy using it, but you do need to dedicate more time to it than Sims as it comes blank to some extent and needs you to finish "building" it as it were unlike Sims which from what I'm told and have seen comes fairly well built.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,383 Times in 1,145 Posts
    To make it fair, ask leading companies for example schools. That way you can see a selection of schools that use each bit of software well. Rather than yet another debate on here where 1 MIS is favoured over all else, with little or no reference point.

I know most if not all MIS providers have flagship schools that they use to promote their products.

You might be interested in the following thread:
    MIS reviews

Also, there are many other threads from which you can get an idea of what the users on EduGeek think of their respective systems.

Thank Post
    If you're looking for a high quality completely web based MIS which has modules like pupil and parent portals and a VLE on the way, take a look at iSAMS. We switched to it in the summer and it is a very good product... iSAMS|Home

Thank Post
    SchoolTool? FreeMIS?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ntm1275 View Post
    As this forum is dominated by SIMS users (SIMS is the dominant supplier of MIS), most of the replies will be for SIMS, so not a fair reflection really for other systems
    Of course it's a fair reflection! The fact the SIMS.net is the predominant MIS used in schools shows that it must meet requirements at a fair price.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hightower View Post
    Of course it's a fair reflection! The fact the SIMS.net is the predominant MIS used in schools shows that it must meet requirements at a fair price.
    Don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against Sims, it is a great product, I was just trying to point out to the original poster that as this forum is mostly populated by Sims users, so there could be a slight bias towards Sims even though other products could give the same level or better satisfaction from their point of view

Thank Post
    .... same .... ?

.... better .... ?

One does wonder about that ....................................

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread