+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
MIS Systems Thread, Datapoint Education in Technical; Has anybody heard of these or used/using their system? I got a call from them this morning offering to give ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,294 Times in 884 Posts

Datapoint Education

Has anybody heard of these or used/using their system?

I got a call from them this morning offering to give us a demo of their system and a link via email (sent from the guys Yahoo! account, excuse being Win7 doesn't allow Outlook which I'm not really buying...), however the link is to an IP address (seems odd, don't they have a domain name?!) and Outlook is flagging it as a potential phishing email (probably because of the IP address).

Anybody know anything about them?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,487 Times in 1,234 Posts
    Not heard of them. Sounds phishy.
    I got a random email the other day from someone at iSams which does exist, but they shouldn't really have got my data which appears to have come from Capita.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vikpaw View Post
    they shouldn't really have got my data which appears to have come from Capita.
    That's bang out of order! Have you tried contacting Capita to find out? I would not be happy about that. There are a couple of PDF's attached, think I'll copy them over to a dead machine to look at, just in case...

Thank Post
    I can assure you that Capita is not in the habbit of letting our competitors have the email addresses of our customers! Not legal yet alone sensible!!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshJohnson View Post
    That's bang out of order! Have you tried contacting Capita to find out? I would not be happy about that. There are a couple of PDF's attached, think I'll copy them over to a dead machine to look at, just in case...
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilNeal View Post
    I can assure you that Capita is not in the habbit of letting our competitors have the email addresses of our customers! Not legal yet alone sensible!!
    Oh no. sorry, should have been clearer.
    The sender is ex-capita. I've been trying to email you phil, and julie too, to give you a heads up but they keep getting bounced back.
    Capita in no way would have given it out, but it needs following up.

Thank Post
    pm on it's way, but wanted to send you the original email phil.
    have you got another one i can use..?

Thank Post
    Just in case anybody else wondered about Datapoint Education, I'm meeting somebody from there on Monday to be shown the system they've come up with.

I'll let you all know what I think...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vikpaw View Post
    Not heard of them. Sounds phishy.
    I got a random email the other day from someone at iSams which does exist, but they shouldn't really have got my data which appears to have come from Capita.
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilNeal View Post
    Just to clarify, the data didn't come from Capita, only the salesman, and with him my name! Everything else is on the 'Geek for all to see.

There seem to be more and more MISes coming out of the woodwork lately.

Thank Post
    Just in case anybody else wondered about Datapoint Education, I'm meeting somebody from there on Monday to be shown the system they've come up with.

I'll let you all know what I think...
    Hi Josh

I have heard of them; was just online looking for some info on them otehr than the website - i.e. peoples experiences

They came to see us before xmas and I have to say its a rather impressive bit of kit, almost too good to be true!

what did you make of it all?

Thank Post
    Has anybody heard of these or used/using their system?

I got a call from them this morning offering to give us a demo of their system and a link via email (sent from the guys Yahoo! account, excuse being Win7 doesn't allow Outlook which I'm not really buying...), however the link is to an IP address (seems odd, don't they have a domain name?!) and Outlook is flagging it as a potential phishing email (probably because of the IP address).

Anybody know anything about them?
    Josh I would be very intersted in seeing more information on this product or some contact details for the company

Anton

Thank Post
    OK everybody, an update for you.

Unfortunately, the meeting was canceled, and this appears to be due to me posting the original question here (it was copied & pasted in to the email I received from my contact to cancel the meeting) so I am non the wiser as to their system.

It seems a shame that they felt the need to cancel (as I have told them) as I meant no slander against their company by posting here, but in a school environment handling vast amounts of student data, I would rather be safe than sorry, and saw EduGeek as the perfect place to post this kind of question.

As a side note, my experience is proof if you ever needed it that companies do visit EduGeek and do take note of what we're saying, it's just a shame some of them take an innocent and (in my opinion) justified post personally and see this as reason not to do business.

Thank Post
    Unfortunately, the meeting was canceled, and this appears to be due to me posting the original question here
    This seems a bit unfair considering their site is still under construction and there's very little information about them at present. You'd have thought a new start-up would want as much custom as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by data_mgr View Post
    They came to see us before xmas and I have to say its a rather impressive bit of kit, almost too good to be true!
    Out of interest, can someone enlighten me on what product they offer?

Thank Post
    They said they offer a reporting interface for SIMS that allows teachers to get reports very easily to save Data Managers time from running them for them, and also allows you to run reports otherwise unavailable in SIMS. As I said however, I haven't seen the system working and am now quite wary about the company as there seems to be no detail about them anywhere, with the only person who has heard of them seemingly having signed up to EduGeek just to say so...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by data_mgr View Post
    Hi Josh

I have heard of them; was just online looking for some info on them otehr than the website - i.e. peoples experiences

what did you make of it all?
    spooky. a little digging shows that you appear to be legit despite the lack of details on your profile.
    can you tell us a little more about datapoint and maybe yourself please...?

Thank Post
    One other thing that puzzles me is that my contact has obviously read this thread as it was quoted in the email canceling our meeting, why didn't he sign up and make things clearer for us all rather than just canceling on me?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast