+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
MIS Systems Thread, Corrupt SIMS profiles templates in Technical; I've posted this on the supportnet site but thought I would post it here incase anybody has an idea of ...

Thank Post

Corrupt SIMS profiles templates

I've posted this on the supportnet site but thought I would post it here incase anybody has an idea of a fix. Theres quite a few of us on there with this issue!

---------
    We currently have been using Profiles for the past 12 months with no problems, we are in the middle of Year 11 reports and when I am trying to generate the reports to print - I am getting the following error when trying to review the report in Word.

The document Profile of *****.xml cannot be opened because there are problems with the contents.

Ambiguous cell mapping encountered. Possible missing paragraph element. <p> elements are required before every </tc>

I have gone through the whole template deleting each subject one at a time and I am unable to find out which is causing the problem. Running the validate tags in word also comes up with no errors.

Does anybody have any ideas - We were hoping to get the reports all printed and collated today which doesn't now seem likely.

We are running 7.124 and Microsoft Office 2007

Thanks

Andrew

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,306 Times in 1,088 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylv3r View Post
    I've posted this on the supportnet site but thought I would post it here incase anybody has an idea of a fix. Theres quite a few of us on there with this issue!
    And you still don't have a solution?

I'm not a fan/user of Profiles so can't be much help i'm afraid, but some random ideas that may get you thinking:

Could anyone have updated the template in anyway? Have you got a backup you can recover and try?

I'm presuming this happens for all users on all machines, even server...?

Does the same error occur if you completely blank the template? Could be some hidden macro gone corrupt or tag gone funny. Can you track it down using the paragraph marker (Pilcrow) to reveal tag codings? There's nothing obvious at the exact line it mentions i take it?

Can you print direct without review? Or to another printer?

There were a few problems recently where the solution was to update Office. Alternatively if you've recently updated, maybe a rollback would help.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vikpaw View Post
    And you still don't have a solution?

I'm not a fan/user of Profiles so can't be much help i'm afraid, but some random ideas that may get you thinking:

Could anyone have updated the template in anyway? Have you got a backup you can recover and try?

I'm presuming this happens for all users on all machines, even server...?

Does the same error occur if you completely blank the template? Could be some hidden macro gone corrupt or tag gone funny. Can you track it down using the paragraph marker (Pilcrow) to reveal tag codings? There's nothing obvious at the exact line it mentions i take it?

Can you print direct without review? Or to another printer?

There were a few problems recently where the solution was to update Office. Alternatively if you've recently updated, maybe a rollback would help.
    Thanks Vic

Our LA now has a copy of our DB to see if they can do anything with it. Data pulls in fine when not in tables - this is what I think is the issue. It's only happened since the 7.124 upgrade - I think 7.126 fixes the issue but I run SLG so need that upgrade to be released before I can do anything with SIMS.

I have contemplated rolling back on a test server to at least to get this round of reports sorted anyway.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,306 Times in 1,088 Posts
    Definitely use the test server. I use a virtual dummy instance of SIMS, just in case reports or something get corrupted. It's not worth the hassle or time taken if i need to send my data in, as it can take a few days to zip it up and send it in via ftp with my connection speeds here.

5. Thanks to vikpaw from:

Sylv3r (26th January 2010)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,028 Times in 729 Posts
    @Sylv3r:

Try this:

KB66529 - The xml cannot be opened because there are problems with the contents - Previewing a template in Profiles 7

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Created 15/02/2007
    Last Updated 05/08/2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Affected Products Profiles 7

Notes Focus | Profiles | Session Manager | Preview

Focus | Profiles | list Entry | Preview

Focus | Profiles | Student Profiles | Generate | View
    When previewing a template in Profiles 7.

The xml reportprofiletemplate.xml cannot be opened because there are problems with the contents.

Advice

1. Focus | Profiles | Session Manager

2. On the Printing Options panel, click the TEMPLATE button

3. Select the template and click the EDIT button to open it

4. Within the template, locate any tags wich contain part bold or parat italics, for example:-
    <<RESULT>> or <<RESULT>>

5. Either remove all the formatting or apply the required formatting to the whole tag.

Have fun Bud

Thank Post
    @Sylv3r:

Also don't know if your data manager has this but here it is:
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bossman View Post
    @Sylv3r:

Try this:

KB66529 - The xml cannot be opened because there are problems with the contents - Previewing a template in Profiles 7
    Tried that and still no joy the other day

Back to the drawing board!

Thank Post
    I reckon Bossman is correct.
    It certainly appears to be the issue described in KB66529.
    Maybe the Template needs re-creating from scratch (or cloning from one that worked previously).

I do remember way back in AM6 and Profiles6 days when Tags did not delete properly from cells in tables if the whole contents of the cell were not highlighted and then deleted. Simply clicking on the tag and then hitting 'Delete' appeared to work but actually did not remove all the cell contents. It may be a related issue.
    ...... but then again ................

I assume you were also given KB89447 by your local support?

The following also refer to a similar error messgae with AM7. They may be worth looking at - just in case:- KB65961, KB71964, KB72969.
    Last edited by Sivadam; 26th January 2010 at 09:33 PM.

Thank Post
    @Sivadam:

I would agree with you on the creating the template again but not cloning as the template itself may be corrupt.

@Sylv3r:

Have you tried the above (I would think you have but just incase)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bossman View Post
    @Sivadam:

I would agree with you on the creating the template again but not cloning as the template itself may be corrupt.
    I did say clone a Template that works!

Thank Post
    @Sivadam:

Aye, didn't see it til i had posted

Thank Post
    Problem was..... page breaks!

I took them out as part of my whittling down process and now everything works as expected. No idea why the reports were fine pre-update and bust afterwards but thats kept me busy for a few days!

Cheers for your help fellas!

Thank Post

Post Sims Profiles 7

I am having the same problem with error messages appearing when I tried to generate the profile report.
    I hear that there is a new patch fix coming out at the end of March.

Have you tried contact supportnet to see if you can obtain it before the end of march?

Has Supportnet got back to you with a solution?

Rajah

Quote Originally Posted by Sylv3r View Post

---------
    We currently have been using Profiles for the past 12 months with no problems, we are in the middle of Year 11 reports and when I am trying to generate the reports to print - I am getting the following error when trying to review the report in Word.

The document Profile of *****.xml cannot be opened because there are problems with the contents.

Ambiguous cell mapping encountered. Possible missing paragraph element. <p> elements are required before every </tc>

I have gone through the whole template deleting each subject one at a time and I am unable to find out which is causing the problem. Running the validate tags in word also comes up with no errors.

Does anybody have any ideas - We were hoping to get the reports all printed and collated today which doesn't now seem likely.

We are running 7.124 and Microsoft Office 2007

Thanks

Andrew

Thank Post
    We are still on SIMS 7.124, due to a problem with running the upgrade, and Office 2007. My current Profiles reports generate without a problem.

Those still on this version of SIMS (I can't comment on any issues since Autumn Upgrade) - are you sure that your the error is not within your Template?
    Or ... is it really using an Office 2007 Template or is the problem that you not have updated the default Template from Office 2003 to 2007?

Thank Post
    Can anyone help me with Sims profiles - Corrupted tag in my template will not preview or print.

HELP!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast