+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, Sims Module - Registration and Admissions in Technical; Hi, Does anyone have this module in their school? We've gone down the route of getting a Marketing Manager in ...

Thank Post

Sims Module - Registration and Admissions

Hi,

Does anyone have this module in their school? We've gone down the route of getting a Marketing Manager in my school who is interested in the product but I would like to know if anyone else has any opinions about it before we go for it.

I would ask our sales rep about it but he makes Double Glazing salesmen look like amateurs and rings up daily to see if you want to buy it.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,738 Times in 1,087 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: Sims Module - Registration and Admissions

I had a quick demo of the latest version run via SIMS.net (not the clunky off-lin lesson monitor ... no offense Phil ... but it sucked) and it looks very nice ... the fact that you can tie in a number of other features too will mean that it worth us having a longer look (the tie in with the behaviour module looks handy ... but it will be about 2 years before we migrate across to the SIMS behaviour module!)

I am tryin to source a school local to me that not only has it but is happy.

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by GrumbleDook
    ...the clunky off-lin lesson monitor...
    Clunky? That's quite a tame adjective for it!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Are we talking 'Take Register' module (that was 'Lesson Register' that is the new improved 'Lesson Monitor') here?

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by Simcfc73
    Hi,

Does anyone have this module in their school? We've gone down the route of getting a Marketing Manager in my school who is interested in the product but I would like to know if anyone else has any opinions about it before we go for it.

I would ask our sales rep about it but he makes Double Glazing salesmen look like amateurs and rings up daily to see if you want to buy it.
    We run both SIMS.net and Bromcom for Registration... Teacher's use Bromcom for electronic registration data then filters back to SIMS for LEA and school reporting.

We initally looked at SIMS & Bromcom for electronic registration but we found that Bromcom e-reg was much easier to use.

I suppose it another alternative to consider.... (what admin system do you currently use?)

Thank Post

Some confusion here!

The SIMS Registrations and Admissions module is used, mainly by Independent Schools, for recording Enquiries, Visits, Reg & Deposit Fees and Applications - prior to Applicants and Prospective Pupils entering the school.

It has recently been updated - in the November Release - and integrates well with the rest of the SIMS system. The SIMS .net reporting engine can be used to generate good marketing reports etc.

The SIMS Lesson Monitor (which includes Lesson Register) is used for recording lesson by lesson attendance and has also been recently updated. There are links with the rest of the SIMS system, including Behaviour Management and Reporting.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Toby Belfield
    Product Manager
    Capita

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,035 Times in 908 Posts

Slightly OT here, but don't go for RS admissions, its shocking! I must have to restore it every few weeks as its database gets borked easily, its just poor software from day 1 and its useless when it comes to anything else, but marketing managers seem to like it for some reason. I hate it and if its ever mentioined its worse than any other software product out there!!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread