+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
MIS Systems Thread, SIMS register inserting 'N's in Technical; Originally Posted by mikeruddell2 The office staff at my school have been asking if it's possible for SIMS to enter ...
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeruddell2 View Post
    The office staff at my school have been asking if it's possible for SIMS to enter an N when no mark has been entered (When we hit save it just saves with a -) Capita advised that this only happens with lesson monitor...but they rarely actually give me solutions to queries! Any other ideas?

Cheers
    Mike.
    There is a deal with missing marks in attendance/lesson monitor.
    I'm pretty sure you can click on the top of the column and assign them all to N

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,381 Times in 1,143 Posts
    I thought it forced you to enter a mark when saving if none was present. Otherwise with the '-'es in place they will appear as unmarked registers.
    There are two different problems in this thread now. The original was a bug, and i think Mikeruddell2 you have a different issue.
    I would check on SupportNet to see if it's known, no doubt is.

Thank Post
    In Attendance you can save a register with missing marks in it but it will still appear as a missing register. You can change the '-' to N's by highlighting the column, protecting the existing marks and clicking 'N', but I don't think that you can set it to change automatically to 'N' on saving a register.

Thank Post
    I think what you are asking for is not wise, possibly illegal. AM/PM registration is a legal requirement and marks taken in class can be used in court as proof of presence or absence. There has to be a definate action on the part of the register taker to say someone is absent rather than the computer filling in the blanks. For the same reason you can't just store exceptions in the database there has to be definate presence mark.

Thank Post
    I'd agree with what Phil says. It definitely isn't a good idea if you use a register print out for fire register purposes. The 'N' code would be taken to mean that the pupil is definitely not on site whereas the missing mark is not quite as definite. Here it would mean that a child was 'not present' at registration, but could be in the medical room / at the toilet / in the cloakroom etc. I always investigate missing marks as they happen until I am certain whether a child is in school or not. Easy for me to do as I'm only dealing with 320 children though.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12