+ Post New Thread
Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast
MIS Systems Thread, School MIS Systems in Technical; ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,551 Times in 1,980 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sivadam View Post
    I am not sure the Forums actually do anything for me! I am here to try and do something for the Forums - as explained on many occasions. Hopefully I have had an effect, no matter how small!
    As for my impartiality (or not!) then check out my last umpteen posts! They have been (in my humble opinion!) very impartial except when somebody has unfairly criticised one particular MIS!

So can I take it that the current advertisement was approved on a 'best value' approach i.e. Edugeek advertising went to the bidder who responded with the best offer to the 'tender invitation'?
    Or is there some insider influence?
    Sivadam - Get off your high horse for a second and look at this size of this site. The number of members, the conferences it provides, etc... And realise that there are now a couple of people on the payroll to keep it running. That costs money. This is done via advertising, and amazingly the companies that want to advertise on a site aimed at educational IT professionals are... education IT companies! Shocking isn't it?

The owners of this site are free to do whatever they want with it, including get advertising from a small start-up looking to get an 'in' into the MIS market. There are no rules regarding who gets to advertise outside of what the owners say! This isn't a publicly funded endeavour, so stop trying to make it sound like them having an advertiser who you seem to find fault with is an affront to all that is decent and holy!

As far as I know, anyone can approach Dos_Box and ask to advertise here. Why would there be any 'tendering' going on?!

3. 2 Thanks to localzuk:

LosOjos (9th November 2010), scholarpack (9th November 2010)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by garrysaddington View Post
    Can I take it that you do not regard any MIS other than (insert your preferred MIS here) to be best value then? What would you have done if say SERCO had sponsored the forum and not a young 'upstart' company like ScholarPack.
    If it had gone out to tender then fair enough. Have all MIS providers been given the option of sponsoring the site?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Do I need say this again?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    If it had gone out to tender then fair enough. Have all MIS providers been given the option of sponsoring the site?
    Anyone can contact the site to advertise. That's how it has always been!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by localzuk View Post
    Sivadam - Get off your high horse for a second and look at this size of this site. The number of members, the conferences it provides, etc... And realise that there are now a couple of people on the payroll to keep it running. That costs money. This is done via advertising, and amazingly the companies that want to advertise on a site aimed at educational IT professionals are... education IT companies! Shocking isn't it?

The owners of this site are free to do whatever they want with it, including get advertising from a small start-up looking to get an 'in' into the MIS market. There are no rules regarding who gets to advertise outside of what the owners say! This isn't a publicly funded endeavour, so stop trying to make it sound like them having an advertiser who you seem to find fault with is an affront to all that is decent and holy!

As far as I know, anyone can approach Dos_Box and ask to advertise here. Why would there be any 'tendering' going on?!
    Thank you to those that have sent me private messages!

The owners of this site will also have to get used to my opinions! Whilst ever I have access that is ....... !

I know for a fact that some readers of this site will not contribute as they do not want to get the reactions that I welcome from some of the contributors!
    Last edited by Sivadam; 9th November 2010 at 01:06 PM.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Tahnk you to those that have sent me private messages!
    If you are going to publicly slam this site and call it disgusting, you are going to receive a public response. You can't have it both ways. You should have contacted DB directly, rather than getting in a huff on here.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by garrysaddington View Post
    I think you ought to withdraw that insinuation as it is both offensive to our company and (I presume) to Edugeek.
    I have been offended many times by posts on this site and nobody (as far as I remember) has ever apologised to me. Just further offence by backing the statements that first caused that offence!

And as I have said before. I will never go behind anybody's back. I will post here what I think is necessary. That also has the advantage of encouraging others to do the same!

As for huff! I am actually quite controlled in what I say!
    Last edited by Sivadam; 9th November 2010 at 01:11 PM.

Thank Post

11. Thanks to dwhyte85 from:

LosOjos (9th November 2010)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I know for a fact that some readers of this site will not contribute as they do not want to get the reactions that I welcome from some of the contributors!
    Mike, you know for a fact (We had our differences once upon a time!) that I never pull any punches... And neither should you everyone should voice their opinions (constructively) here.

Thank Post
    Sivadam I don't understand what you are actually annoyed about? The MIS forum could be sponsored by 'Sivadam' if you wanted to stump up the cash..

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by scholarpack View Post
    Sivadam I don't understand what you are actually annoyed about? The MIS forum could be sponsored by 'Sivadam' if you wanted to stump up the cash..
    I think that you mis-read me! How can anybody detect my emotions in words. I am not annoyed about anything!
    My son does exactly the same when reading text messgaes on his phone. Words are words and not emotions!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GREED View Post
    Mike, you know for a fact (We had our differences once upon a time!) that I never pull any punches... And neither should you everyone should voice their opinions (constructively) here.
    Graham,
    As you know - I could have differences with anybody. I have quite a few with Capita as well. But because I say my piece, both for and against something, then people usual respect my opinion. I know that Capita do!
    You are obviously aware of the respect that I have for your knowledge and experience as I believe you have for mine! That obviously would not prevent us having differing opinions on certain issues, as these would be based on that mutual respect!
    Thanks for your support!

16. Thanks to Sivadam from:

GREED (9th November 2010)

Thank Post
    I am not annoyed about anything!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sivadam
    There can only be one word for this! DISGUSTING
    So much for the impartiality of these Forums!
    Sorry I must have misread you then.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by scholarpack View Post
    Sorry I must have misread you then.
    Correct!
    Stating opinions in text cannot ever portray one's feelings unless you actually state those feelings!
    In discussions with people verbally I can totally disagree with anything without getting annoyed! Maybe 40+ years ago I couldn't but one does learn a little restraint over the decades!
    Last edited by Sivadam; 9th November 2010 at 01:40 PM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread