+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
MIS Systems Thread, Siblings in SIMS in Technical; The appear if when adding new students to the database, and you input new parents/contacts, when you should be linking ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    The appear if when adding new students to the database, and you input new parents/contacts, when you should be linking to existing contacts, then there are 2 'Mrs Smith' records. This is usually why siblings don't link. This will also be why it appears that they are not deleted when running the routine, becuase the unlinked one has been.

You cannot delete a contact if linked to a student record.

Thank Post
    The 'Unlinked Contact' that will not delete may well be linked - not to a pupil - but to a member of staff!
    You do not see this from the Contact Record!

Thank Post
    Ok, my brain is officially fuddled!

The account I mentioned is for a parent who only has one child in school; never had one here before. Her record got transfered from Primary school duplicated(not identical) so I deleted one in the student window. There wouldn't have been any existing records here since this was a new year 7 parent.

Now unfortunately I can stilll see 2 records in contacts but none in delete unlinked contacts; somehow she didn't quite make it to there.

The pressure is for me to sort it out, since she has just become a parent governor - only gave her 1 username/password to the LP though!

Thank Post
    Have you gone into each of these 'Contacts' (Focus, Person, Contact) and checked whether there is a 'Linked Pupil' in each of the duplicate contact's record?
    My bet is that the link still exists there in both records - even though you have removed the Contact Link to a contact from within the Pupil Record.
    If there IS a Linked Pupil in both of the duplicate accounts then you need to delete that Pupil link from the appropriate Contact's Record.

i.e. the links appear in both Contact and Pupil Record. Sometimes, removing the link from one source does not automatically remove it from the other source.

Thank Post
    Sadly my problem is this:

1. I deleted the contact from pupil record beginning of the week.
    2. I've since checked in Focus|Person|Contact, and the deleted record is still there. That wouldn't be a problem in itself; what IS the problem is that there are no students linked to them! (Actually the tab is called associated student so I hope we are talking about the same thing?)
    3. So, with no students linked to them you would asume the record would be moved to Unlinked Contacts. Sadly this is not the case, making the record undeletable.

Am I missing something obvious?

BTW, I will not check this thread till Monday - gotta do my Christmas shopping sometime

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zdenka View Post
    Ok, my brain is officially fuddled!

The account I mentioned is for a parent who only has one child in school; never had one here before. Her record got transfered from Primary school duplicated(not identical) so I deleted one in the student window. There wouldn't have been any existing records here since this was a new year 7 parent.

Now unfortunately I can stilll see 2 records in contacts but none in delete unlinked contacts; somehow she didn't quite make it to there.

The pressure is for me to sort it out, since she has just become a parent governor - only gave her 1 username/password to the LP though!
    She possibly could be an emergency contact - auntie, next door neighbour etc for another student.

Thank Post
    Try creating a report for contacts, with a filter to limit to that contact or a few with the same name. Add some student details and it should hopefully show if they are still linked to any pupils.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zdenka View Post
    .... (Actually the tab is called associated student so I hope we are talking about the same thing?)
    Sorry zdenka!
    That is what I meant by 'Linked Pupils'

Thank Post
    Hello,

it's finally sorted! In fact we had a problem with the updater for the learning platform; this was sorted over the weekend and hey presto, my duplicate contact has disappeared.

Ok, it still shows in SIMS but because of the limited data it contains I am quite happy for it to just sit there. And yes, they might be a friend/auntie type contact althought not linked to a student at the mo.

Thanks!!!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12