+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
MIS Systems Thread, Apologies to MIS Forum users in Technical; It seems that my apology thread for offending users has now been moved from MIS to General. So I feel ...
    Thank Post

Apologies to MIS Forum users

It seems that my apology thread for offending users has now been moved from MIS to General.
    So I feel I must repeat that apology again here else there was no point in tendering that apology as it was aimed at the users in the MIS Forums!

See 'Slapped Wrist'
    Last edited by Sivadam; 9th December 2009 at 07:14 AM.

Thank Post
    Apology? What for? (goes to find it now)

Thank Post
    As far as I can make out it was for stating the truth! Somebody was obviously offended by this!

I don't change much in my old age!
    I have always said it as I see it and I see no reason for changing now! I won't be around that much longer (though I keep saying that!).

Thank Post
    Well that is one way of doing things!
    Have a go at a member in Public and then get upset when than member defends himself, again in Public. Then have another go back in public and close the Topic to prevent that member re-responding. Democracy indeed!
    You cannot have it both ways, Vic! And please do not mislead others, who are not aware of the original issue(s)! I would have re-responded with a PM if you had had the decency to post directly to me instead of ignoring my PM. Instead, you continued to denigrate my name in a Public Forum and so I had no option but to do the same by defending myself in the same Forum.

Nor do I need your suggestions as to what I should or should not do on these Forums. I am not some stray waif that needs your advice to tell me what to do. I am my own man and have been around a very, very long time. You accept me as I am or not at all!

I just thought that you all might like to know I have had some lovely emails from SupportNet colleagues who, like me in the past, just read the Forums on here. The support they have given me for trying to correct the mis-information that is sometimes posted here has been extremely gratifying! I thank you all publicly!

Have you also noticed that there are fewer people trashing ANY MIS at the moment? Maybe some good will come of this - for the benefit of all users!

Vic, my respect for you has dropped even more! It's a good job my real worth is appreciated elsewhere! I do not think you realise the depth of feeling that I am expressing and which is also shared by others!

Again - Topic over - unless I have to respond again!
    Last edited by Sivadam; 9th December 2009 at 01:57 PM.

5. 2 Thanks to Sivadam:

dalsoth (9th December 2009), danrhodes (9th December 2009)

zag
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I hope we are not stopped from saying our MIS systems are bad!

Because most of them are

Might be worth posting in the FFS board though if you have a rant.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ittech View Post
    I hope we are not stopped from saying our MIS systems are bad!

Because most of them are

Might be worth posting in the FFS board though if you have a rant.

I ain't gonna stop you, ittech.
    I do reserve the right to argue the point re. specificic issues tho'!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,158 Posts
    like i said PM or pawv@conti.sch.sa

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vikpaw View Post
    like i said PM or pawv@conti.sch.sa
    I did that Vic and received no response from you - just the attack in the public forum as a direct response to the private message!

And now it's home time again!

Thank Post
    You are obviously very upset. Feel free to PM again, or email. I can assure you there was no 'attack' and the responses in a forum are always in 'response' to posts in the forum. When you have time, send the above message again, with links to exactly where you perceive yourself to have been attacked or that i am having a go at you and we can settle this amicably. I cannot explain my actions if you don't cite examples.

Thank Post
    Incidentally, i only just realised the other thread is closed. I went off for a late lunch, and only just realised that one of the team of moderators had closed it.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,476 Times in 1,919 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Can I just point out Sivadam, that you are the only one keeping this topic alive now. You've been given copious amounts of advice, yet you continue to stamp your feet and make out that the world is attacking you. The only way the subject is going to end is if you stop bringing it up.

No-one would even have known you'd had a friendly warning, or what the problem was if you hadn't brought it up in 2 threads now. All you are doing is drawing attention to yourself as someone who kicks up a fuss.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by localzuk View Post
    Can I just point out Sivadam, that you are the only one keeping this topic alive now. You've been given copious amounts of advice, yet you continue to stamp your feet and make out that the world is attacking you. The only way the subject is going to end is if you stop bringing it up.

No-one would even have known you'd had a friendly warning, or what the problem was if you hadn't brought it up in 2 threads now. All you are doing is drawing attention to yourself as someone who kicks up a fuss.
    Rather rude reply Localzuk.... He was having a discussion, it got closed down by one mod, it appears without the other who was posting in the thread even knowing about it. That does not look very good and only annoyed him all the more because he probably felt like he was being told to shut up. Much like how you are saying it to him now in a round about way talking to him like he is a child.

Everyone has an opinion and i am sure he was not personally insulting anyone. I do not see why his threads are closed/moved/edited like this. No wonder he is miffed. Happens a fair bit lately. I thought it was a public forum where you could express your opinions as long as they are well intentioned and are not aimed at insulting others. Tut tut. Perhaps some mods need a slap on the wrist too?
    Last edited by dalsoth; 9th December 2009 at 03:17 PM.

14. 4 Thanks to dalsoth:

creese (9th December 2009), Jeremy69 (9th December 2009), Oops_my_bad (9th December 2009), Sivadam (9th December 2009)

Thank Post
    I came to this thread(and read the other one) late so don't know the specifics of what the fuss is about however closing threads because one person doesn't like what is being said doesn't strike me as the right thing to do.
    If there is offensive language or something said is possibly libellous then I can understand some action being taken.
    Before I hung up my hard drive I used to read a lot of Sivadam's posts on Supportnet under his other name and slow person that I am I've only recently realised that his two ego's are one!
    Without exception the posts were a. knowledgeable and b. helpful and on occasion filled in gaps which, in truth, might have been filled in by user support. I've reviewed some threads/comments(obviously only the one's the moderators are prepared to allow to be seen) and what comes across is someone who has some positive but well thought out views. What's the problem?

16. Thanks to Jeremy69 from:

Sivadam (9th December 2009)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,659 Times in 1,112 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Surely this is something that should be dealt with behind the scenes now rather than a continued argument?
    Nothing seems to be being resolved with this method anyway.

18. 2 Thanks to sparkeh:

Sivadam (9th December 2009), vikpaw (12th December 2009)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by localzuk View Post

But here you are keeping this topic alive yourself. Many thanks for that localzuk.

Reading dalsoths comments it would seem that the moderators here have their own agendas. Otherwise why would one openly post their views while another just closes the discussion without warning and without informing his fellow moderator?

20. Thanks to RingOfFlame from:

Sivadam (9th December 2009)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast