+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
MIS Systems Thread, Apologies to MIS Forum users in Technical; Originally Posted by localzuk Can I just point out Sivadam, that you are the only one keeping this topic alive ...
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by localzuk View Post
    Can I just point out Sivadam, that you are the only one keeping this topic alive now. You've been given copious amounts of advice, yet you continue to stamp your feet and make out that the world is attacking you. The only way the subject is going to end is if you stop bringing it up.

No-one would even have known you'd had a friendly warning, or what the problem was if you hadn't brought it up in 2 threads now. All you are doing is drawing attention to yourself as someone who kicks up a fuss.
    I think it is pretty evident why I have kept it alive if you have been following the thread of the argument. I have just responded to the contributors (whoever they are) in exactly the same way that I have been addressed - whether it has been via a PM or via the public forums. As for being one that kicks up a fuss - Yes Please! - but only for a just cause. I have been doing that in education for over 40 years and will continue to do so whenever necessary. It has never been necessary on SupportNet, where my contrubution is much valued! One wonders why it was so necessary here .......

Sorry if you have had enough of me - but in fairness nobody has to read this thread if they do not want to.

I would again like to thank all those that have sent me their support both privately and publicly. And I would also like to apologise to the ONE contributor who sent me a PM that was not very supportive. I will refrain from repeating what he said - I just sent him a response saying 'Thank You!'

It seems that, at the very least, there has been an acknowledgement that the closing of the other thread was done inadvertedly, but I have received no apology for this - either publicly or privately. This is contrary to the actions I had previously taken. In both these threads I did offer my apologies to anybody who I may have offended.

The reason I was given that the other thread was moderated and then moved remains unacceptable to me. The point I initially made was perfectly valid. In truth, it may be that the Moderators etc. may also have thought it was valid but, obviously, would not admit to that on here now. It has certainly been quiet on that front for the past 2 days!
    Despite this I am willing to let it lie but I will respond if I have to. It is now a point of principle.
    Last edited by Sivadam; 9th December 2009 at 05:05 PM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkeh View Post
    Surely this is something that should be dealt with behind the scenes now rather than a continued argument?
    Nothing seems to be being resolved with this method anyway.
    I agree, sparkeh.

But I will NOT put up with anybody connected with running Edugeek besmirching my good name in public, so I will respond every time to any posts from these people. If they comment in public then so will I! That is my right! There is only one way to silence me on this and that will reflect more on the Edugeek 'staff' (for want of a better word) than on me! My reputation is unsullied where it really counts!
    Last edited by Sivadam; 9th December 2009 at 05:04 PM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,784 Times in 1,107 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Sent you a PM mate ... but try not to worry about it.

4. Thanks to GrumbleDook from:

Sivadam (9th December 2009)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumbleDook View Post
    Sent you a PM mate ... but try not to worry about it.
    I will thank you publicly as well as privately.

Contrary to what anybody thinks, I am not upset and will not worry about it in the slightest. The skin is far too thick nowadays anyway.

I will just carry on doing my best to ensure that fair play prevails! And the amount of support I have been getting has been phenonemal. To think, when I first started contributing, I thought I was a lone voice in the wilderness ............!
    I certainly ain't any more..... whether I was then or not!
    Last edited by Sivadam; 9th December 2009 at 08:19 PM.

6. Thanks to Sivadam from:

MattMitchell (12th December 2009)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,784 Times in 1,107 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I used to think I was a lone voice ... even though the voices in my head said otherwise! They have been quiet recently though ... I think they are saving up the instructions until it will embarrass me most. Last time they persuaded me to get my face painted at a zoo ... and then go shopping down Oxford / Regent Streets.

8. Thanks to GrumbleDook from:

Sivadam (9th December 2009)

-28° 31' 48.89", +28° 25' 37.42" ... if only.
    Thank Post
    I have always thought, Sivadam, that you have maintained a balance here. If someone knocked Capita unfairly or went over the top you were one of the first to put the balanced view across.

With SIMS in a constant state of flux due to DCSF demands and schools demands, no system can ever be 100%. So credit due were its due and criticism were that is due but let's not criticise 'just because'.

Keep up the good work.

10. Thanks to creese from:

Sivadam (10th December 2009)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Am I the only one that thinks that this thread should close now, we all seem to be going round in circles?

-28° 31' 48.89", +28° 25' 37.42" ... if only.
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GREED View Post
    Am I the only one that thinks that this thread should close now, we all seem to be going round in circles?
    Or you could stop reading it. That's democracy.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Good point well made creese

14. Thanks to GREED from:

creese (11th December 2009)

Thank Post
    I think we should all keep on bumping it by complaining that it's still alive...

Thank Post
    I think that the person initiating a thread ought to have the right to close it!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12