+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, Individual Graphs in Technical; hi, this is my first post and i have just joined the forum so hoping i am doing things right! ...

Thank Post

Individual Graphs

hi, this is my first post and i have just joined the forum so hoping i am doing things right!

i have been asked to provide graphs for every pupil for every subject!!! they need to show the individuals KS2 result and their end of KS3 target with a progress line between them, this way pupils can track their own progress at evey assessment point in KS3.

Can someone please tell me if this is possible? if so how??

Thanks

Lou

Thank Post
    No idea my friend although someone here may know a decent way to do this in Excel or maybe some software designed for this purpose. Sounds like something i would avoid getting roped into here as IT support. You sure this is something you should even be doing? Teacher being a bit lazy?

If you really have no idea and you have no solution provided here i would just go back and be honest. Say you have no idea how to produce this for every student and it sounds like a lengthy project too. Sometimes you just can't magic that rabbit out of a hat. Knowing my luck though, someone will do just that and provide a nice easy solution!!! I do not manage the MIS here myself thank god!

Oh and most important of all, Welcome!!!

3. Thanks to dalsoth from:

lounee_77 (8th December 2009)

Thank Post
    You don't say what system you are using but if its SIMS then yes this can be done. SupportNet is full of assessment experts if you don't get a reply here.

5. Thanks to PhilNeal from:

Thank Post
    thanks, yes it is Sims we use, i've used assessment manager, and exams for 3 years and profiles for about two, any help on these graphs would be great,

Thanks Lou

Thank Post
    You also need to look at the Performance Analysis module in SIMS.
    It is extremely difficult to help you with something like this online though SupportNet definitely would be the place to ask!
    I think that your best policy would be to find a school in your area that successfully uses AM7 and PA to do this sort of routine.

8. Thanks to Sivadam from:

Thank Post
    thanks, i will have a look at performance analysis. other local schools that i have spoken too dont seem to do this type of thing. i have also put this question on the Sims forum but no relies as yet.

Thanks Again

Thank Post
    Use Assessment Manager, Individual Report...design the word template to contain the aspects you're describing, such as KS2 results and current Yr 7 achievement. Then you can add a graph by right clicking in the word template and using 'insert graph'. I've been working on this but so far my graphs aren't very meaningful

11. Thanks to Ueline from:

lounee_77 (9th December 2009)

Thank Post
    Thanks, i have tried this but can't seem to get the graph to display the results i have inserted. is this something simple i am doing wrong? all my aspects have grade sets with the correct results attached and i always use result set.

Thanks

Thank Post
    It's probably going to be easier if your results are set up with resultsets...

I'm only over in Worksop, so if you're still working on this late January (yes, busy till then!), I can probably sort something out if you want.

Thank Post
    Thanks Matt, i do use result sets all the time, i dont think my last post made sense, it was meant to say with result sets attached

Thanks

Bev

Thank Post
    Did you get anywhere with this?
    I have been asked to add a graph to each students individual report. the report already details their progress at KS1/QCA3,4,5 and KS2 levels

I have tried insert graph but it shows me a general graph listing Autumn/Spring and Maths English Science (which aren't on my report) and the options to add/edit rows and columns are all greyed out.

Thank Post
    I've just had a quick try on this...

It will only show you the "add row", etc options if you're right-clicking in the right place! Try doing it on a cell - that seemed to work for me. It seems a lot more flexible than I was expecting, although I found that when adding rows after creating the graph, it doesn't seem to like adding long label text... Quite surprised that you can mix and match aspects and so-on - it's more powerful than I presumed.

To change the label text, click in the box and edit it - seems to work anyway...

Chalk one up for SIMS!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread