+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, Capita's Partnership Exchange in Technical; Is anyone using Capita's Partnership Exchange? We share some sixth form pupils with another Welsh school in the LEA and ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Capita's Partnership Exchange

Is anyone using Capita's Partnership Exchange?

We share some sixth form pupils with another Welsh school in the LEA and have to write reports for the pupils from both schools. To do this we have to have a portal/SIMS account in both schools so we can login to each school's learning portal to complete the report. (Did that make sense?)

Seems a pain in the arse. Why not have the two pupils available which ever portal you log on to?

Apparently for a single database sort of system where teachers can use their school portal to write reports for pupils in the other school the LEA have to purchase Capita's Partnership Exchange. I've been told it is prohibitively expensive. Exactly how much is it?

Any comments?

Gareth

Thank Post
    Hi Gareth

I am not 100% sure on the cost, but I think a lot of schools (us included) will have to go down this route as part of the diploma lines. If I hear of a cost I'll let you know ASAP.

3. Thanks to Sylv3r from:

garethedmondson (17th November 2009)

Thank Post
    I recommend talking to your LA about finding a solution.

5. Thanks to PhilNeal from:

garethedmondson (17th November 2009)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Hi Phil,

Yes - I agree. We have spoken to the LEA about this and they have told me that the cost is ridiculously expensive.

Gareth

Thank Post
    I don' know about costs (I'll ask some questions tomorrow for you), but we are using PX - well if the LA have finally got it sorted at all the sites we are!

As suggested by Sylv3r this is to support the delivery of the new Diploma courses. There are meant to be 4 schools in the partnership and it has been set up so that there is centrally held server with the LA and then each school in the partnership connects through that. The main reason for our use (as I understand) is for registration purposes, I know that it has been a bit problematic to get everything set up (I think some of this has been waiting for certain application releases from Capita) but hasn't really been much work for me, our data manager has been to the LA training centre a couple of times for mornings to work on getting things set up and then we had to recreate some timetable blocks for it.

Thank Post
    There is two schools in Suffolk that are using it, seems to work pretty well. PM your details if you want me pass them on. They host all the stuff themselves.

Thank Post

Perspective

Hi Gareth

Perspective offers an alternative to PX. Suggest you speak to them, link below.

Perspective Limited : Student Monitoring, Collaborative Learning Manager, Learning Management System

Regards
    Lawrence

Thank Post

Cool PX functionality and expense

I recently met with our Capita Account Manager (???) and (so I was told) one of the big boy techies on PX from Capita. He believes it works well. In principal it sounds like it could the the job for diplomas and more.
    As an example, for 7 secondary schools around here, it would initially cost approx 100k+ to set up then approx 8k per year per school. These approx's and +'s usually mean more don't they.
    Assumes everyone uses lesson monitor - else you have to buy that as well (5k) and requires a ZIS and PX agents (software) that sit on all the installs.
    Hope this helps.

I am a teacher currently working for the LA trying to spec an LA provision other than Capita. If any ideas for software to investigate I'd appreciate the nod.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBird View Post

I am a teacher currently working for the LA trying to spec an LA provision other than Capita. If any ideas for software to investigate I'd appreciate the nod.
    I have pm'd you on this matter.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,781 Times in 1,105 Posts
    Blog Entries
    We had a consortium look at it for their sixth form and they decided not to go for it based on cost, but I know costs have come down since then.

For Diploma lines then PX is an option, but we are trailing CLM from Perspective over the coming months due to the input from Colleges and LSC. It is definitely an option and Perspective are as equally dedicated as Phil is on getting SIF working.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread