+ Post New Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
MIS Systems Thread, SIMS - email? in Technical; Originally Posted by GREED In the spirit of 'might get banned or slapped wrists' posts, might I just make the ...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GREED View Post
    In the spirit of 'might get banned or slapped wrists' posts, might I just make the point that no one seems to 'comment' on the effectiveness or lack of for other products here... If one is happy with the MIS they have whoever makes it, then there is no worries!
    The most dominant product in any sector will always receive more attention especially from those who happen to think that such dominance is of unhealthy proportions.

Fundamentally 'choice' in the market keeps suppliers 'honest' and when choice is very limited and difficult, then suppliers tend to become arrogant and customer service levels decline rapidly. After all "there's no need to keep customers happy ... where else are they going to go!"

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by andykemp View Post
    Thanks for the help - We are using the independent school version 7.122 (build 21) and I cannot see that option under student view 'send message' - Are we running an old version or has it not made it to the Indy version yet?

I get the following options: Head of Year, Reg Group Tutor, Head of House, Sen-cos, All Heads of Year, All Reg group tutors, All Heads of House, Teachers & Non-Teaching staff
    Yes, this option is a great addition. However, for what is most useful (all of a pupil's timetabled teachers) it only serves up the teaching staff for that particular day. Is there a setup somewhere to get the teaching staff for the entire timetable(week)?
    Thanks

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,400 Times in 1,160 Posts
    There are a couple of reports attached in the thread which will show all teachers of that student. I now use a modified version of the one with a Macro that takes the emails and puts them into Outlook.

I checked the Send Message feature, and still cannot see an option that will only show Teachers of the day, so i guess it didn't make it to the independent version or i'm not following the correct route.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vikpaw View Post
    There are a couple of reports attached in the thread which will show all teachers of that student. I now use a modified version of the one with a Macro that takes the emails and puts them into Outlook.

I checked the Send Message feature, and still cannot see an option that will only show Teachers of the day, so i guess it didn't make it to the independent version or i'm not following the correct route.
    Thanks Vik for such a prompt response to a post added to such an aged thread! And one that had I read more carefully then I would've seen several other people bemoaning the class teachers being today's only.

Thanks for reports too!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,400 Times in 1,160 Posts
    One word of warning, by default on our system staff are not allowed to see emails of other staff as they are stored in the personnel section. The report worked for me with the email output, but for anyone without permission it fails. I eventually realised this and modified it so it brings out the first and last name, concatenates then and drops them into Outlook. This then relies on the outlook directory look up. You can just click Check Names to speed it up, and usually it finds them all. The only time it gets funny is when people have decided to change their known by name, which actually happens here a lot. e.g. Steve prefers to be called Rob etc.

Thank Post
    We use VB.net to create an exchange address list for each child. It calls command reporter which runs a list of each child and each of their teachers. It then calls a second report which lists all the students and their form tutor/s. It then matches the teachers names to their AD account and adds them to the list in a separate address book in exchange. It has just been re-written to work with AD2008R2 and Exchange 2010, because the exchange upgrade broke the previous system.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345