+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, Phoenix Gold in Technical; Any Phoenix Gold users still kicking about? We've developed our own management/reporting/information intranet for displaying gold data rather than deploying ...
    Thank Post

Phoenix Gold

Any Phoenix Gold users still kicking about?

We've developed our own management/reporting/information intranet for displaying gold data rather than deploying to every machine (and paying for licenses)

We're looking to move to A.N. Other MIS within the next year but none that we've looked at gives us the same information that we can currently get (if they did, I reckon they'd be on to a winner, but I'm biaised! )

The only problem.... our current solution is based around sharepoint 2001 (yes - I know!)
    We're considering moving it to sharepoint 2007 (or 2010). The static pages work fine (actually they're just .asp pages) but the interactive ones dont (select a link on one part, other parts update etc).

If/when we do move, ideally we don't want to continue with our own system as the new MIS should be producing all our current info requirements (otherwise, whats the point in moving )

I'd hate to see all our good work go to 'waste' so I guess I'm wondering if there's anyone out there who may be interested in having a copy?

All of the non-interactive stuff wouldnt even need to run in sharepoint - IIS would do (absence lists, unexplained absences, health and accessability notes etc)

I dont have any screenshots (paranoid or what) as we dont have any test data - it's all live.
    I could aways blur it out i suppose.......

That - and I'm always curious to see how many people still run with Gold ("if it aint broke..." and "better the devil you know" spring to mind!)

Cheers
    Last edited by jc1875; 22nd October 2009 at 02:00 PM.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Hi,

we are one of the few schools still using Gold. Like most Gold users we are also invistigating the options to move to a new MIS. I'm currently invistigating with my LEA and Pearsons regarding ongoing support for Gold. Tbh I doubt Gold support will continue much beyond next year and it's not very good. We have the online reporting requirement coming in Sept 2010 and that alone is reason enough to move away from Gold before Sept 2010 gets here. We here are certainly proceeding on that basis.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tmcd35 View Post
    Hi,

we are one of the few schools still using Gold. Like most Gold users we are also invistigating the options to move to a new MIS. I'm currently invistigating with my LEA and Pearsons regarding ongoing support for Gold. Tbh I doubt Gold support will continue much beyond next year and it's not very good. We have the online reporting requirement coming in Sept 2010 and that alone is reason enough to move away from Gold before Sept 2010 gets here. We here are certainly proceeding on that basis.
    We've developed our own in-house online reporting and it also gets exposed to users via sharepoint parts (and so quite simple to open up to parents).

We don't have any enforced time for opening up reporting to parents unlike you guys, but it can't be far away.

Hvaing recently spoken to Pearson, they confirmed that as long as there was one LEA using Gold, it would be maintained and supported.

I'd also doubt Pearson would drop the remaining schools in it (they wouldnt want the bad PR) so I'd guess that they'd give 18-24 months notice before discontinuing it.

4. Thanks to jc1875 from:

tmcd35 (22nd October 2009)

Thank Post
    Hi, we moved away from Gold last year onto Bromcom MIS and, although there have been problems(which MIS doesn't have them) the system is very comprehensive in what it delivers and you can get at any item of data to produce comprehensive reports in the system or export as PDF, CSV or XLS.

The on-line reporting to parents is a peach and if you haven't already seen it I suggest you visit www.MyChildAtSchool.com and arrange a demo. It links to other MIS as well even if you dont take their full MIS this part alone should keep parents very happy.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread