+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
MIS Systems Thread, Serco in Technical; Hi, My name is Rob and I am the UK Business Development Manager for Serco Learning and have been with ...
    Thank Post

Thumbs up Serco Learning

Hi,

My name is Rob and I am the UK Business Development Manager for Serco Learning and have been with the company for 8 years.

I am aware that this isn't the arena to be giving my view on SIMS or indeed selling our product, but if anyone wants a direct answer to a direct question just let me know. It does seem that there are certain people who talk about our MIS in these forums based on hearsay and gossip. So I would be happy to clear things up in a Phil Neal stylee should you require it.

In response to the last couple of points, yes we do provide parental access and it is free as part of our standard license cost so no nasty surprises come next years real time reporting requirement. We have provided parental access to schools for seven years now and also offer consultancy services from educational professionals on how to roll this out.

Let me know if anyone needs any answers.

Regards,

Rob

Thank Post
    If I said on here what I thought of Serco, it would get me banned for sure.....

And what I have to say is FACT not hearsay

just look up Amesbury School Rob !

Thank Post

re Wickit

Sorry that you feel that way wickit. Of course I dont know each school personally but Im happy to talk to you about it, if thats what you want. I work with lots of our customer schools directly out of the thousands we work with who are very happy with us. However I appreciate if you feel that way there must be a reason.

I'm simply on here to answer peoples questions where I can and to aid the debate. Maybe we can talk sometime about your views. I visit two to three schools every day that use all our rivals systems but I am not on here to discuss them - I have a lot of respect for them, and different schools have different views on the merits of each system. However we continue to have lots of schools move to us based on discussions with other schools using our software - that is where the majority of our business comes from.

Regards,

Rob

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,051 Times in 920 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wickit View Post
    If I said on here what I thought of Serco, it would get me banned for sure.....

And what I have to say is FACT not hearsay

just look up Amesbury School Rob !
    Do take Rob up on his offer wickit and drop him a PM.

I have been talking to various Serco staff since before the summer holidays and encouraged them to get in touch with the admins about coming on here to give our Serco members a voice to talk to like we have Phil Neal from Capita, so I am glad to see Rob on here.

To put you in the picture, I am a Serco user, and I don't hide that and I also don't protect them - you will see I had a rant back in the summer about them and Rob probably knows of that rant! Since that rant and Sercos admission that they should have been a bit more pro-active on my issues I had at that time, they worked with us through the summer and we have a much more stable system here, and they understood my concerns over exam results in August and had arrangements in place with us to ensure the arrival and analysis of our data with easy.

Do talk to Rob, I am more than sure he will be willing to talk to you about your issues and dare I say perhaps go and arrange an on-site visit to discuss them with you and look at them.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234