+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
MIS Systems Thread, Sims.net - Reporting on Achievement and Behaviour in Technical; That sounds more like the scenario that we all experience!...
    Thank Post
    That sounds more like the scenario that we all experience!

Thank Post
    @ Sivadam - It was a proper facepalm moment when I was having the conversation. The really daft thing is that the woman who wants me to write the reports for her has apparently already been on the reporting training courses!

@ Ecalpemos - Thanks for all your help on this, it seems to be doing exactly what I want to now. Many thanks again.

Thank Post
    What I would look at are the widgets that can be added to the home page. There are some good ones for achievement/behaviour (you can also print these). Also get the staff to start using Student Teacher View as this gives them a nice summary.
    Printing out reams of paper reports is a waste of time, all the info is now very easily accessible straight from SIMS.

Thank Post
    Have you also tried configuring the SIMs home page to display Behaviour and Achievements? This info is updated every ten minutes on the home page as long as staff enter this into SIMs straight away e.g. in the lesson
    It can be configured to show Behaviour incidents for any of the following cycle types:
    Today, Previous Week, Previous Fortnight, Previous Month or Year to date.
    and any of the following Group Types:
    Whole School, Year Group or Reg Group
    Using this method Heads of Year can keep a check on various groups and the info is up to date
    We also use some custom reports that are run by HoY at the end of each day

Thank Post
    I can recommed the capita SIMS Advanced Reporting course having done it. I saw the brief for the intermediate course which looked worthwhile too.
    I watched a demo yesterday and saw that its possible to input achievements/behaviour (even for multiple selected students via the register and link on left panel. Very useful for busy teachers.

Thank Post
    Iain,
    Have you checked out SupportNet as I indicated earlier?
    The Analysis Reports I uploaded, for showing NetPoints across a date range for Reg Groups, can very easily be adapted to report for House Rather than a Reg Group.
    They are on User Posts, File Sharing and are Posts 663 (Achievement) and 664 (Behaviour). You cannot do NetPoints as you cannot use both parameters at once across a date range. That is why Nick says that they are looking at enhancements in the future.

Thank Post
    Thanks again everyone,

@ sivadam, I have been on supportnet and have downloaded the reports you've uploaded but they don't quite do what I need and I don't have the skills or the time (as I'm doing enough at home at the moment) to do many modifications. The ones provided by ecalpamos do what I need for now and I've found it really easy to tweak them to provide me with alternatives.

I have done the home page widget setup with all staff, and provided comprehensive training and "cheat sheets" on how to do it, but teachers being teachers want things on a plate for them (don't ask how the widgets aren't on a plate!) and they seem to prefer to have a report.

pod

Thank Post
    I run reports each week for behaviour and achievement, if you are still stuck let me know. I upload the resulting csv file to a rewards system I created for the school, Lagan College - Northern Ireland's First Planned Integrated School.
    It's fairly standard SIMS report writing, you just need to watch SIMS doesn't try to group results together, there's an option to deal with that when you are choosing the output type.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12