+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
MIS Systems Thread, Missing marks in Sims Assessment Manager in Technical; Despite a bit of hunting around in dont seem to be able to find a easy way find missing marks ...
    Thank Post

Missing marks in Sims Assessment Manager

Despite a bit of hunting around in dont seem to be able to find a easy way find missing marks on SAM.

Am i missing the point as im sure even Bromcom had various reports to see how had not filled marksheets out.

Thank Post
    Well if there is a way to do this I would be very interested but at the moment I tend to make a marksheet for a year/subject overview and scan manually.

Thank Post
    Yes thats what i was thinking of doing, Come on Capita a how difficult would a report be on this.

Thank Post
    I can tell you when it does report missing marks and that is when you import them from an exported marksheet

Thank Post
    Such a shame i remember a set of reports on bromcom that gave you a percentage completeness per member of staff with details of missing grades .....VERY useful

CAM

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Open the Marksheet and click the Summary button. SIMS will look at what's in the column and display a total number of results at the bottom. Compare this against a column that is (deliberately) filled up and it tells you if any marks are missing.

You can also make a temporary column using the IF THEN ELSE formula to colour in filled cells, leaving the empty ones uncoloured.

Thank Post
    If you make a whole course marksheet then checking for blanks is a bit quicker than checking every single class marksheet.

Bev

Thank Post
    I have a marksheet for each year group with every mark they require on their report listed. It's got about 50-100 columns on it. (5 marks for each subject)

I export it to Excel and run a macro which adds a COUNTA to the beginning of each row so I can see how many marks each child has, and also does a conditional format to colour in any blank cells.
    Sort by my COUNTA column and any kids with missing marks are brought to the top.

It's not pretty (in fact, it's quite a brute force method), but it's the only way I've found to ensure every child has every mark completed before i print out reports.

Thank Post
    We had this since last upgrade, Sims sent us a patch

Bev

Thank Post
    where do you find it since your upgrade>??

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,383 Times in 1,145 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by irsprint84 View Post
    We had this since last upgrade, Sims sent us a patch
    A patch?
    What does it do? Give you a report? i'm interested.
    We currently use a combo of the summary at the bottom to see number of results and also, simple review from Heads of Department before they ok data. Spread the load

Thank Post
    Get the Teachers into the habit of ticking the 'Marksheet Complete' box.
    If you then edit the Report Template 'Marksheets Complete Flag', in the Marksheet Focus, to include the Result Set you require (or other filter) then you may more easily find missing marks.
    It depends on getting your Teachers 'trained' tho'! That may require a strong manager to exert their influence, so that staff are folowing the school policy!

Bev

Thank Post
    i tried this but then found it difficult to reset them all the following term.

Thank Post
    We have to modify all our Templates as a matter of course, because the Data Collection Result Sets for time slots in advance of the current one are hidden until needed. Once a new set of columns is 'unhidden' the previous Result Set columns are locked! So the Data Manager can edit the marksheets by 'Unticking' as part of this ongoing process. Yep! - It is a long job but does save time in the long run.

Thank Post

Missing Assessment Reports

I have created a .net report that lists all students who study a subject in a particular year and then an assessment grade for a particular aspect/resultset combo. Then a macro in the report template (excel) deletes all those students with an assessment leaving a list of those without.
    I did upload copies of the report and the template to file sharing on support net last year (702 and 703)

You have to run it for each subject aspect/resultset. I have produced a list of subjects and the related aspects for each year, which I quickly work down.

The report is based on subject code so have to watch where more than one course is taught to a subject e.g btec science assessments are recorded in a btec science aspect and gcse science another aspect but bot are taught subject code sc. Meaning you have to manually remove the classes not involved.

When I'm chasing up missing assessments, I also use reports on marksheets used today and results entered today to quickly monitor whats going.

No silver bullet I admit but relatively quickly I have a list of student missing assessments and can start hunting the teachers down to enter them.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast