+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, Sims Registration and Admissions in Technical; I am so annoyed with Sims right now. We use UDF's to add a few fields in Registration and Admissions ...

Thank Post

Sims Registration and Admissions

I am so annoyed with Sims right now.

We use UDF's to add a few fields in Registration and Admissions to show enquiry date, entrance exam date etc and Sims have gone and changed its focus without mentioning it anywhere in their documentations.

So they decided to split the UDF's into two, making all the work we have done useless. 620 records in one UDF and 64 in the other and now they don't carry onto the next one.

Instead of the UDF spanning Enquiry and Application and then going missing when they get accepted they moved the goalposts and the UDF can span Application and then when they are accepted but enquiry is all on its own.

I wouldn't mind if they gave notice but they have just changed it without telling anyone.

They should be giving the registration and admissions package away, they are always messing it up.

I am not sure how many independant schools run Sims but this is something to be forewarned about.

Rant over.
    Last edited by Simcfc73; 23rd September 2009 at 08:16 AM.

Thank Post
    I'm not a fan of UDFs - I know they show on student details and make for faster report output but I tend to put all our stuff into assessment aspects

Thank Post
    And if you read the Roadmaps and/or SupportNet and it's Forums then you would know when it is planned to replace NT4 Reporting.

Thank Post
    There are ways to do class lists using the existing reporting mechanism (and sometimes a little external help from ms access or the like) - I exported the relevant data and ran off timetables without touching either of the nova variants we have, and I use a similar process to produce many of the class-focussed data review sheets we have.

There's normally a way of doing things ;-) - I would strongly echo Sivadam's point though: supportnet is a FAR more effective place to get information on SIMS than here, and a lot of very knowledgeable SIMS users do not come anywhere near edugeek (no insult either to this lovely site or to regular edugeek posters intended).

Thank Post
    Also, for certain things, edugeek may be a little too public - google often picks up these threads within a few hours.

Be careful!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread