+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
MIS Systems Thread, Importing data from FFT live into CMIS Facility in Technical; Woo hoo! Upns, at last. I'll put something together tomorrow - what format do you want?...

Thank Post
    Woo hoo! Upns, at last. I'll put something together tomorrow - what format do you want?

Thank Post

Importing FFT data

Hi has anyone got any further with this. It is something we would like to do but what do you download to mimic the data that used to be provided? The amount of data available is boggling, where do you start

Thank Post
    I'd imagine someone's done this now, but if anyone knows what format "works" for CMIS, lemme know and I'll make an access converter script.

To be honest, the export format is very much improved now from FFT Live and it's pretty close to what many people would like as an import format, I should imagine.

Thank Post
    Thanks for that. But I am still confused as to which report you go for, or do you have to export the lot? (That's a frightening thought!)
    As I understand it CMIS has a standard routine for importing FFT data which is why we used to get the specialy formatted CSV files but which file has this form evolved into and would you have to set up custom fields in CMIS to accommodate this data?

Thank Post
    has anyone solved this yet?

Thank Post

FFT into CMIS

Hi,

Your local authority should provide you with the FFT access database populated with data for your school. If you run the database then there is a menu which allows you to export your data into the appropriate files in a directory structure on a drive of your choice. The CMIS administration programme has a built in import,Assessments/Advanced/Read Fischer Datawhich allows you to specify which files you wish to import (making sure unlike me the first time I did this that you have noted carefully what you named the directory - never again). The process is then automated but a bit like watching paint dry. Be warned however, the latest version of FFT does not provide KS4 subject grades based on the probability, just the probabilities of 5A* to C etc. KS3 predictions for Maths, English and Science are given.

I have attached (I think) a PDF file called FFT Export.pdf which I prepared for one of the other admin people at the school I am at which explains the process of exporting from the FFT access database which might help
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    @specs That PDF looks great but not all LAs provide the access file, hence the problem.

Thank Post
    The access database convertor would work a treat but who has a copy that we could use? Is it commercially available or should our LA provide it. As far as I know our LA has never mentioned anything like this which is a shame as it would help us a lot.

Thank Post
    Hi, as we have always had the data from the LA I have never had the problem of trying to get the data from FFT Live so I am not sure how it comes down. If you could let me know what the export from FFT live is like (Format, data headings etc. which is anonymised) then I might have something that could help.

Thank Post
    Hi
    I'm not sure of the format as it has changed but if you look at your last FFT filewe need data to match those headings. I will see if I can dig out an old (new) FFT file so that I can find the headings

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12