+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
MIS Systems Thread, Sims Reason 0 in Technical; check c:\Program Files\SIMS\SIMS .net\connect.ini is pointing to the right place it should redirect to you sims shared folder on your ...

Thank Post
    check c:\Program Files\SIMS\SIMS .net\connect.ini is pointing to the right place it should redirect to you sims shared folder on your networ ie s:\sims

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,460 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NickJones View Post
    Check the drive mapping (typically S is in place - missing that will cause Reason 0 errors.
    Its mapped

Quote Originally Posted by alextreadwell View Post
    check c:\Program Files\SIMS\SIMS .net\connect.ini is pointing to the right place it should redirect to you sims shared folder on your networ ie s:\sims
    Yep the file is fine

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,135 Times in 1,031 Posts
    Hiya,

did you sort this? we had a sims reason 0 error before because the firewall was on, on the local machine. this was about a year ago tho so cannot remember the exact details but it was something todo with the firewall just not sure exactly what!

Thank Post
    My Reason 0 problem was all server side and randomly affected certain staff accounts.

You are 100% certain it is the workstation at fault?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,460 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Hi,

I needed up formatting the box and started again. Now works fine.

Thank Post

SIMS Reason0

Hi, If you have not sorted it yet my solution that works is to go to C:\progam files\SIMS .net\SIMS and rename SIMS to SIMSold and run simsinst.exe from S:\ and it works we have had an isse wth our new server and this error and this is how we cured it

Thanks
    Stuart

Thank Post
    There was a point I was getting this error which turned out to be an error in DNS.

We had a machine that was mapping the server as its IP address fine, but when we ran the SIMS pulsar it was using a connect.ini that made reference to the servername. It was only when I tried pinging this name from that machine did we discover that for some stupid reason it was using an old version of the DNS, as it couldn't contact the proper DNS server. The IP that was recorded in the false DNS was responding but it wasn't the right machine.

This workstation had needed a static IP and hadn't been updated with the new DNS servers, so had remembered them somehow when it could no longer find the old DNS servers.

Thank Post
    This has just started happening at my school, only with staff that started this academic year. It happens randomly, for example it occured last week Thursday, by Friday the problem had mysteriously fixed itself and then again today, this morning it was fine, after lunch all of a sudden it's back.

We use SIMS in a terminal services environment - 2 servers acting as clients. I'm not really in a position to re-build them.

I also check the usual, connect.ini etc.. but when I discovered that I could log on in the same terminal session that a new member of staff couldn't that ruled that out. I don't think it's corrupt .xml becuase again it comes and goes as it pleases, nor DNS becuase wouldn't that affect all trying to logon to that client?

Any other suggestions?

Thank Post
    We had this a short while back. Simply put, some member of staff messed up connect.ini (by not asking us when the select connect.ini file dialog came up).

Capita say this could mean anything... here's the supportnet article off support.capitaes.co.uk:

PLEASE NOTE : FIX 1 IS ONLY RELEVANT IF THE USER'S PASSWORD HAS BEEN RESET

Fix 1
    This may be due to the 'Enforce Password Policy' settings within SQL 2005

To change this, log into SQL Server Management Studio and expand the Security tree and then the Logins tree.
    Find the user that is getting the error, right click on their name and select properties.
    In the Login Properties window, remove the tick from the 'Enforce Password Policy' tick box and then click OK. Close SQL Server Management Studio.

Fix 2
    The machine may be pointing to a incorrect networked Connect.ini file and therefore cannot see any SQL Server or Database. Delete the Connect.ini from e.g. C:\Program files\SIMS\SIMS .net and then run SIMS .net and select the correct Connect.ini from e.g. S:\SIMS or alternatively create a local connect.ini and enter the correct SQL Server and Database name. Also check that the connect.ini in the S:\SIMS folder is pointing to the correct server\instance and the database

Fix 3
    The error can also be an indication that the upgrade has been run, but has been unsuccessful.

Please check that the version of SIMSSQLApplicationsetup.exe in the setups folder is 1.574.12.0 (for August 2008 release). Then run this to upgrade to version of DBupgrade

Run Dbupgrade.exe manually from e.g. D:\Program files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Binn (This should be version 2.20.3.0). The list of upgrade files will be shown or there may be a message about a User already logged in. If Users are detected, a Force All will need to be run to exit the Users out of SIMS to allow the upgrade to commence (requiring the SA logon credentials). This Force All option will appear automatically if Users are detected as being logged in.

Once this has completed run SIMSApplicationsetup.exe on the machine that is generating the error

Fix 4
    If the error still occurs and you installed SQL Server 2005, but did not use our installer then please follow KB71936

Fix 5

Check there is sufficient space on the partition where SQL is installed. Also check the system partition has sufficient space as temporary files can be created during the backup.

Check the size of the SQL Log file eg SIMS.LDF. If excessively large use SHRINKDBLOG.BAT to shrink the log file.

Fix 6

Please ensure that SQL connections are allowed through the Firewall.

For information on how to do this, see the Microsoft article relating to How to: Configure a Windows Firewall for Database Engine Access

Fix 7
    Please also ensure that TCP/IP and Named Pipes are enabled.
    To Enable TCP/IP and Named Pipes, please see KB79978

Fix 8

Please try stoping and starting the SQL Server
    Last edited by stratisphere; 14th September 2009 at 08:01 PM. Reason: cleanup

Thank Post
    Just to add another reason to the list (which we found last week):

The user's Application Data and/or My Documents are redirected to a server share, which has quota management and the quota has been hit. Clear some space, and it all works again.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12