+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, Exporting SIMS timetable into MRBS in Technical; I have read a few threads on here for exporting the timetable into a CSV which is great, but i ...
    Thank Post

Exporting SIMS timetable into MRBS

I have read a few threads on here for exporting the timetable into a CSV which is great, but i have 2 problems still and could not see an answer already posted.

1. Although I have set the current academic year to 2009/2010 it is still giving me 2008/2009's timetable. What am I missing? I have tried it with staff/all, staff/current and staff/all future but still get this years output - help!

2. Has anyone created the query that will input the data to MRBS? I can handle simple queries but this seems over my head

My report generates...

Surname, forename, staff code, room, class, day name and period (Thanks to a post by Howartp for that )

We work on a 2 week timetable but i have a query that will move the bookings on the start of each half term, its just getting that data into MRBS in the first place that i would like to automate. The last 3 years we have input the data manually which takes most of the day for 2 of us.

TIA

Jon

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by amvc View Post
    1. Although I have set the current academic year to 2009/2010 it is still giving me 2008/2009's timetable. What am I missing? I have tried it with staff/all, staff/current and staff/all future but still get this years output - help!
    As a newcomer to SIMS I spent ages trying to suss this - we have no current timetable only next year - and I kept getting empty results.

Turns out to be a SIMS problem, logged it with Capita and they now have it as a KB entry, you can't do future dated reports which use timetable (or period?) data.

As far as creating bookings in MRBS I chickened out of direct database access and use a Python script (which I'll upload soon) which makes fake booking by fetching urls as if a person had used the mrbs website. (You could use any webfetcher you like.)

tim

3. Thanks to TimH from:

amvc (22nd July 2009)

Thank Post
    I did a lot on this a couple of years ago. I know you've said you'd already gone through a few threads but this one includes my notes and a sample database.

MRBS and Facility CMIS

It's not quite what you're talking about, since it sorts the holiday bit out for you, but it may help.

On re-reading your post, are you talking about the mechanics of getting the CSV data in? I just used a MYSQL command line but you can use PHPmyAdmin if there aren't too many records. This is described in my notes.

Simon
    Last edited by NotSoFast; 29th July 2009 at 05:30 PM. Reason: update

5. Thanks to NotSoFast from:

amvc (30th July 2009)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread