+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
MIS Systems Thread, SIMS Learning Gateway Staff Timetable Issue in Technical; our SLG is hosted by SMIS centrally for all Sandwell Schools, the pages/webparts are all setup by default. i can ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    our SLG is hosted by SMIS centrally for all Sandwell Schools, the pages/webparts are all setup by default. i can change them around if i wish and they still work no problem.

James.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by EduTech View Post
    our SLG is hosted by SMIS centrally for all Sandwell Schools, the pages/webparts are all setup by default. i can change them around if i wish and they still work no problem.

James.
    That would explain why yours is working.
    Sylv3r, unless you have completely changed the Quick Launch and regional settings, it looks as though you have added the the web parts to a site not provisioned by SLG site creation. I suspect the reason the timetable web part isn't working is because the relevant SLG (hidden) site features are not active.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by meastaugh1 View Post
    That would explain why yours is working.
    Sylv3r, unless you have completely changed the Quick Launch and regional settings, it looks as though you have added the the web parts to a site not provisioned by SLG site creation. I suspect the reason the timetable web part isn't working is because the relevant SLG (hidden) site features are not active.
    This was setup out of the box so to speak, so its not something I have messed about with although working from home after 6 or 7 cans it might have been something I have "tweaked" late at night

I have changed regional settings and quick launch so I guess that is why it doesn't look like an out of the box install. I am going to investigate here further and will post on here if I find a solution.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylv3r View Post
    This was setup out of the box so to speak, so its not something I have messed about with although working from home after 6 or 7 cans it might have been something I have "tweaked" late at night

I have changed regional settings and quick launch so I guess that is why it doesn't look like an out of the box install. I am going to investigate here further and will post on here if I find a solution.
    I see, this isn't something I've before then. Do you have another teacher sites provisioned you can test?

As an aside, I'm fairly confident that the regional setting you changed (presumably from US to UK) will be incompatible with the SLG timetable web parts, although I doubt it is the cause of the error. In my experience when the site's regional settings are changed from US the first page of timetable events are displayed but scrolling to the subsequent weeks/months will return no results.

Thank Post
    I have a similar problem with My Planner list. Everything is fine on the sites created by slg and we know how to create sites that work with sims.

We have created the MY Planner list with the columns and have it set to a calendar view. We have added the sims webparts to the site that feed this list and we have amended the webparts. It still does not work.

What is intersting is that the my planner has a list icon in all content but when you open it from there it has a calendar icon. Strange

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NewOrder View Post
    We have created the MY Planner list with the columns and have it set to a calendar view. We have added the sims webparts to the site that feed this list and we have amended the webparts. It still does not work.
    When you say you've amended the web parts, have you both set the list that the data web parts should be populating to the name of your list and checked the 'Enable this context' box in the web part settings?

7. Thanks to jamesb from:

NewOrder (7th July 2009)

Thank Post
    sadly yes

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12