+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
MIS Systems Thread, Timetables from SIMS in Technical; Originally Posted by howartp Oh, I forgot the CommandReporter bit... The beauty of the commandreporter that I've just discovered is ...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by howartp View Post
    Oh, I forgot the CommandReporter bit...

The beauty of the commandreporter that I've just discovered is it populates the staff name on every record, not just next-staff records, contrary to my previous post.
    Isn't that related to "suppress duplicates" in the report definition ?

tim

Thank Post
    Now to get it into MRBS and Exchange - can I leave you to play with the MRBS solution? I'm subscribed to this thread so I'll see any updates or questions.
    ATM, because I can't test on report data, I've had to do it with a timetable export from NovaT6 but it wasn't too difficult to tweak my old version which read from our old in-house timetable.

What I might try it to convert the NovaT export so that it resembles what could be produced via a report and tweak the script to read that.

tim
    Last edited by vikpaw; 20th July 2009 at 01:03 PM. Reason: quote tag missing

Thank Post
    Peter - how do you get hold of the sdk?

Thank Post
    Tim,

I've just uploaded a sample report output from mine - it's a .txt file to upload, but rename it to .csv and it should work?

Peter
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MattMitchell View Post
    Peter - how do you get hold of the sdk?
    The SDK exists on a default install, it's just the .chm help file you need.

It isn't really an SDK, it's an executable (CommandReporter.exe) which takes certain parameters to run reports on demand.

I've just zipped it and attached to this post.

Once unzipped you'll probably need to right-click on it, go to properties and tick/untick the box which is to do with unblocking content from a remote location - otherwise you'll get a load of blank pages when you open the .chm

Peter
    Attached Files Attached Files

6. Thanks to howartp from:

MattMitchell (25th August 2009)

Thank Post
    Tim,

I've just uploaded a sample report output from mine - it's a .txt file to upload, but rename it to .csv and it should work?
    Thanks, I was just looking at the possibilities.

I see you have AMon and BMon, does that indicate a two week timetable ?

That should be manageable, I book each timetabled class individually for 8 weeks ahead rather than using repeat bookings (which I originally did) - there was a reason,...errm maybe to allow booking managers to hand remove a single booking from a set.

When mrbs is updated I send a clear all timetabled bookings command then refill, it takes 20 mins or so but as it runs by schedule at night that doesn't matter.

tim

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TimH View Post
    Thanks, I was just looking at the possibilities.

I see you have AMon and BMon, does that indicate a two week timetable ?

That should be manageable, I book each timetabled class individually for 8 weeks ahead rather than using repeat bookings (which I originally did) - there was a reason,...errm maybe to allow booking managers to hand remove a single booking from a set.

When mrbs is updated I send a clear all timetabled bookings command then refill, it takes 20 mins or so but as it runs by schedule at night that doesn't matter.

tim
    Hi Tim,

Yes, we run a two week timetable.

The 'weeks' skip over the holidays, so if it is week A in last week of term, week B would be the first week of the next term whether it is a one-week or two-week holiday. This breaks the repeating feature, but if you manually create entries 'by hand' in the script, that should be tweakable to skip the holidays.

What do you do about staff making bookings; if you wipe the timetabled entries and regenerate them all, does it delete any manual bookings that clash with new timetabled entries?

Peter

Thank Post
    What do you do about staff making bookings; if you wipe the timetabled entries and regenerate them all, does it delete any manual bookings that clash with new timetabled entries?
    Sorry for not getting back sooner, have got lots of little jobs like this on the go ATM, will post script for booking later - I've ripped apart and simplified my old version.

To clear timetable entries I added a script to our mrbs (only a few lines, will include with booking script when I get there) that says

delete from $tbl_entry where create_by=\"timetable\"

The automated bookings are made as a fake user "timetable", so any that have been hand adjusted won't be touched as they will have been created by a real person !

Likewise if an entry has replaced a timetabled one and the automatic booker tries to replace with timetable, it fails silently on that period.

tim

Thank Post
    Hi Tim,

I'm on holiday for a fortnight now - I'll come back to this thread when I return.

Peter

Thank Post
    I've been playing with this today, and got it all working.

Unfortunately if you have any support staff assisting in lessons (ie two teachers per lesson) then you'll end up with clashed bookings.

I thought I'd go back into SIMS and play with it, but my report now tells me there is no data for my report. Hopefully it is related to the issue where you can't run period reports for future dates - I guess you can't run them for past dates either? It's a shame if so.

Peter

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TimH View Post

Likewise if an entry has replaced a timetabled one and the automatic booker tries to replace with timetable, it fails silently on that period.

tim
    When I tried to set something similar up from CMIS to MRBS, I decided that a silent failure was asking for trouble - won't you get 2 people turning up for the room?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NotSoFast View Post
    When I tried to set something similar up from CMIS to MRBS, I decided that a silent failure was asking for trouble - won't you get 2 people turning up for the room?
    That's what I thought.

I've written mine so that in the existing MRBS code at edit_entry_handler.php, whereever it generates or appends to $err (which means an error has occured) it outputs it to a log file. Then at the end of the script which generates all the bookings, it checks for the existence of the log file - if it doesn't exist, then everything worked. Otherwise, it displays it so the timetabler can manually check and deal with clashes.

(I'm proposing to only run the script on demand to start with, whilst we prove whether it works or not!)

Peter

Thank Post

some more specific please

Hi All

I have gone through this thread and find intresting.

Could SIMS experts be some specific on how the system works Please.

we do room bookings in both sims and outlook but we want to move this to MRBS system.

Any suggestions and help would much appreciated

Cheers :0)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12