+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, SIMS fms problem on vista in Technical; Hello, I've installed FMS and sims.net on vista, it required 3 files netui0.dll, netui1.dll and netui2.dll which I copied over ...
    CBo

Thank Post

SIMS fms problem on vista

Hello,

I've installed FMS and sims.net on vista, it required 3 files netui0.dll, netui1.dll and netui2.dll which I copied over into the fms directory and that worked to the point of needing to be pointed to the Sims2005 database. I then install SQL native client to fix the fmsconnect issue and pointed odbcad32 to the SIMS2005 sql database. However, it keeps now poping up with "Could not open a connection to SQL server [53]. The server is Xp with SQL express 2005 and seems to work fine with XP clients and sims.net works fine however sims fms doesn't seem to. Any ideas would really be appreciated thanks

Thank Post
    UAC off?
    Sims installed?
    What version is your SIMS? FMS? SIMSINST?
    Are you using the FMS 6.116 (i think) installable CD?
    Have you got: http://dl.capitasolus.co.uk/utilitie...istaFix001.zip
    Have you got C:\pdoxusr.dat? Do you have full permission? You need to be administrator to do it

Only thinks I can think of right now... there are a few more.

CBo

Thank Post
    main sims is v7.116 and the main sim.net seems to work fine.

Not sure pdousr.dat relates to but it's not present? The user does have admin rights

Thank Post
    You need to run FMS as Administrator, not a user with admin rights. Pretty sure that could be it. Something do with the extra security in Vista. Once you ran it, you should get a c:\PDOXUSRS.NET, which all fms users will need admin rights too. You can change the location of the file, it's in BDE administrator within Control Panel, however it's a bit much for a open forum, there is a good KB on Supportnet.

Generally for FMS (with the old SIMS infra) you need to install SIMS, then SQL Native client then install fmsapps then you log on as the user to check you've set the right permissions

CBo

Thank Post
    Still seems to be a bit of a issue. Managed to get the new server running sims.net fine with the copied over database and cnnected fine. Tried installing fms again and even on the XP new install seems to be similar issue. In ODBCAd32 i have SIMS_FMS_Database as SQL native client with which SQL server do you want to connec to i select PC0\sims2005. Doesn't seem to want to connect to that. Coming up Could not open a connection to SQL server [2] login time out expired
    dbchecklogin. Setting seems to drop off as well. I noted on the ones that work it has pdousr.dat of 12kb on the main c:\ Not sure how you get it to create that. BDE administrator is in control panel
    Last edited by CBo; 12th May 2009 at 12:48 PM.

CBo

Thank Post
    Turns out that was related to local fmsconnect.ini in finance directory pointing to the incorrect location. Should of been PCname\SIMS2005. However when i point it to the new ccsfms location seems to suggest incorrect username and password? Seems somewhat bizarre. The existing usernames work ok when you point it back to the old source. I had to rename CLR in the BInn directory of MS SQL to FMSCLR otherwise it would error when attaching . It then attached succesfully but none of the usernames appear to work?

Thank Post
    How are you installing this? Are you using an installable release? The last FMS one was November I think. If not, then I suggest you do and follow the guidelines in the installation handbook.

CBo

Thank Post
    I was using the setups on the old system. They seems to be fine for getting the clients to work and mostly the server. It seems to work on SIms.net. Just wondering with dbattach you have to detach the old ccsfms.mdf on the old system as I copied it over after stopping the sql service that allowed me to copy it and then attach it. this didn't seem to be a problems for sims.mdf

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread