+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, SIMS.net not printing correctly in Technical; I have a problem with printing from SIMS cover module. The printout appears as if it is scaling to 25%, ...
    Thank Post

Unhappy SIMS.net not printing correctly

I have a problem with printing from SIMS cover module. The printout appears as if it is scaling to 25%, but the printer works fine in all other applications. This only happens on certain printers, which I cant explain. I have a Brother 1018 which doesnt work, a HP ColourJet 1600 which doesnt work, but a HP LaserJet 1300n which DOES work properly.

With all printers, printing from other applicaitons is correct - same settings and user accounts on machines and it doesnt work from the cover module.

Any thoughts/Sensible Suggestions/Lists of approved printers appreciated from anyone that knows. support from county and from SIMS results in the response:
    "Move the printer that works when you want to print out".

Genious.

Have been trying to chase this one down for about 3 weeks now, starting to get a tad ridiculous.

Thank Post
    Have you tried PCL6 and PS drivers?

Thank Post
    Tried reinstalling drivers and printers, can't understand why the software won't work when Office works fine, PDF's work fine, IE works fine printing.

Thank Post
    We are talking about Cover 7? What exactly are you doing (I'll try and replicate).

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    We have had exactly the same problem with HP2015 tried installing PCL drivers etc ... no good so have given up and use a Brother that works with them

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by markwatkins View Post
    We have had exactly the same problem with HP2015 tried installing PCL drivers etc ... no good so have given up and use a Brother that works with them
    I've always had problems with FMS and a OKI printer, ended up using PS. Always problems with the older parts of sims, must be something with Delphi (I think that's what Capita used to use).

Thank Post

I'll try and fudge around with the PS drivers for the printers and see if it helps - I just can't understand what on earth their code is doing when it's sending the printer output.
    Extremely unimpressed with the support I've had considering we're paying X thousand a year to county... but, hey... Managed services are on the way... and soon they'll be managing my whole network and telling staff to move printers around the site when it doesn't print.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tsky View Post

I'll try and fudge around with the PS drivers for the printers and see if it helps - I just can't understand what on earth their code is doing when it's sending the printer output.
    Extremely unimpressed with the support I've had considering we're paying X thousand a year to county... but, hey... Managed services are on the way... and soon they'll be managing my whole network and telling staff to move printers around the site when it doesn't print.

The thing to remember is SIMS is build using other people technology. So, if .net breaks, it breaks SIMS.

I've found only issues with old Capita modules, which use Delphi (I don't think it actually is delphi, but I can't remember what language it is), but basically the print feature within it is rubbish.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread