+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, Problem with SIMS CTF Import in Technical; Got a problem when attempting to import CTF files received via S2S from Feeder Primary Schools. Primary schools are running ...

Thank Post

Problem with SIMS CTF Import

Got a problem when attempting to import CTF files received via S2S from Feeder Primary Schools. Primary schools are running Integris. Error message goes something along these lines :-

"An application fault has occurred. 9871-5157-9000. Cannot insert the value NULL to column..."

After which SIMS crashes out.

Import works ok for CTF files sent from other secondaries (running Integris and SIMS) so assuming it's a problem related to feeder schools only but......

Any one else seen this error?

Thanks in advance for any ideas ('cos SIMS ain't got many... and I really don't want to send them a sample CTF via e-mail).

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,781 Times in 1,105 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Capita have an upload facility and you can zip/encrypt the file too and let them phone you for the password once they have received it.

It sounds like one of the fields have been exported with naff data (ie empty) when it requires an entry. An example would be UPN where a temporary / local UPN can be generated if it is blank. I think the problem is more with that school's setup of integris and it may be worth getting the school to call RM about it.

Thank Post
    I think this is welsh problem, I think patch 12996 solves it. Something about EALAcquisition ?

4. Thanks to matt40k from:

appleman (21st April 2009)

Thank Post
    GrumbleDook

It sounds like one of the fields have been exported with naff data (ie empty) when it requires an entry. An example would be UPN where a temporary / local UPN can be generated if it is blank. I think the problem is more with that school's setup of integris and it may be worth getting the school to call RM about it.

Yup, thought that would be the case as we've had this problem before.....

Matt40k

I think this is welsh problem, I think patch 12996 solves it. Something about EALAcquisition ?

Is this patch available through SOLUS or do I have to hunt for it?

Thanks to Both

Thank Post
    Through the dim mists of time, I seem to remember that CTFs from other MIS's (to SIMS) have different address tags that those from SIMS... they use <Line1>, <Line2> etc rather than <HouseName>, <StreetName> or whatever SIMS uses.

It could be that... worth a shot. There's a "CTF Address line Converter" gadget available from Supportnet to fix it http://support.capitaes.co.uk/user/d...DB%E6%E1%A3%DC (or just put CTF Address in the search box if that link doesn't work)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyRidal View Post
    Through the dim mists of time, I seem to remember that CTFs from other MIS's (to SIMS) have different address tags that those from SIMS... they use <Line1>, <Line2> etc rather than <HouseName>, <StreetName> or whatever SIMS uses.

It could be that... worth a shot. There's a "CTF Address line Converter" gadget available from Supportnet to fix it http://support.capitaes.co.uk/user/d...DB%E6%E1%A3%DC (or just put CTF Address in the search box if that link doesn't work)
    Thanks

Yup, I remember that one, 'twas many moons ago though.... Problem now is that worked for CTF 7 but we are using CTF 8. Will check the CTF files manually for this though....

Thank Post
    We do have an issue on importing Key Stage data from other systems - there is a database patch to the March release that solves this.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread