+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, Sims Assessment Manager Reports in Technical; We are in process of dropping our bolt-on reporting package and have been doing some research on sims to establish ...
    Thank Post

Sims Assessment Manager Reports

We are in process of dropping our bolt-on reporting package and have been doing some research on sims to establish whats its capabilities are in terms of reporting. I have managed to put together a near perfect template in word with all the fields etc but one thing stands out as a limitation:

Am i missing something or by design does it only support core subjects within the report. The word addin only seems to support the hard coding of subject titles and therefore seems incapable of displaying what non core subjects that particullar student is timetabled to be taught!

Surely i cant be the only one to have noticed this! if this is the case, has anyone found a way round this rather large oversight by our freinds at capita!

If i cant find a way round this i think its going to rule out sims reporting for us.

Naz

Thank Post
    I guess you really need to use SIMS Profiles for the report writing rather then assessment manager to get the most flexibility.

Thank Post
    I'm not sure from the context of your post exactly what you are asking.
    Are you using a word template to display data from Assessment Manager ? If so, you can put anything into the template that is defined as an aspect in AM, (and some other stuff as well). Perhaps the underlying issue that not all the relevant data is in AM to start with ?

Thank Post
    Not looked at profiles yet, will take a look but my understanding is that profiles is for Narative and not grading and simple comments etc .

as for "not all information is in AM in the first place" well perhaps but surely your not suggesting the teacher fill the name of the sujects in on each marksheet which then goes into an aspect?

To clarify the template looks somehting like the attached image.

Note the subject names are freetext as there is no way to display them as a field entity, with them being "hardcoded" into a template how are non core subjects displayed as they diffrent for each student?

Naz
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by MACIT; 16th April 2009 at 12:32 PM.

Thank Post
    As per Linfits post above - assessment manager word templates can be set to 'Hide rows with no results' and 'Remove sections that contain no results' therefore, if you don't have any data held to an aspect in assmt mgr then the row or section won't show. I use assmt mgr for our reporting (y7 -13) and all subjects studied by students are displayed

Thank Post
    Just seen your image - think what you need to do is type in ALL subjects and then set the template to 'Hide rows with no results' and then you will only see the subjects that are studied by each student. Template is a bit like ours

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jeppy View Post
    Just seen your image - think what you need to do is type in ALL subjects and then set the template to 'Hide rows with no results' and then you will only see the subjects that are studied by each student. Template is a bit like ours
    We do similar on our interim reports. I have also had to write a fair bit of VBA for ours as well as they wanted traffic lighting etc which will not export from SIMs. I also have macros to collate all the documents into one for ease of printing.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread