+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, SIMS Setup Folder in Technical; Hi, Is there a ISO or URL on SOLUS where I can download a whole new Sims Setup Folder that ...

Thank Post

SIMS Setup Folder

Hi,

Is there a ISO or URL on SOLUS where I can download a whole new Sims Setup Folder that has all the latest files needed to install SIMS. I'm not convinced that our current folder has all the latest files needed to setup a SIMS workstation from scratch.

When I run SIMSinst from our server, it loads the old version of the file, it goes through the setup and installs SimsInfrastructure 1.0, eventually the install finishes, but before I can use SIMS on the desktop I must run the SIMSINFRASTRUCTUREUPDATE file, which takes another 20-30 minutes before it will work, When done, it does run the latest version of SIMS we have on our server, so updates are working OK.

Am I correct in thinking that if my SIMS setup folder was all upto date, I should have the new SIMSinst file to run the setup, and it should install a newer version of the framework and sims would be ready to run without further running the infrastructureupdate all from the one install program.

I have downloaded the March09Main ISO from SupportNet, thinking this would contain all the setup files, and I could just delete the current SETUPS folder and replace, but it doesn't appear to have all the files.

Any pointers?

Thanks

Matt
    Last edited by mattpant; 2nd April 2009 at 11:07 PM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mattpant View Post
    Hi,

Is there a ISO or URL on SOLUS where I can download a whole new Sims Setup Folder that has all the latest files needed to install SIMS. I'm not convinced that our current folder has all the latest files needed to setup a SIMS workstation from scratch.

When I run SIMSinst from our server, it loads the old version of the file, it goes through the setup and installs SimsInfrastructure 1.0, eventually the install finishes, but before I can use SIMS on the desktop I must run the SIMSINFRASTRUCTUREUPDATE file, which takes another 20-30 minutes before it will work, When done, it does run the latest version of SIMS we have on our server, so updates are working OK.

Am I correct in thinking that if my SIMS setup folder was all upto date, I should have the new SIMSinst file to run the setup, and it should install a newer version of the framework and sims would be ready to run without further running the infrastructureupdate all from the one install program.

I have downloaded the March09Main ISO from SupportNet, thinking this would contain all the setup files, and I could just delete the current SETUPS folder and replace, but it doesn't appear to have all the files.

Any pointers?

Thanks

Matt
    Ask support, they provided me with a zipped folder a while back when I had the same problem.

Thank Post
    Get the latest SIMS Installable Release, which is the August 2008 one. Otherwise wait for the March 2009 Installable Release.

Thank Post
    It's now on SOLUS, the latest Sims infra. Just ask for it to be authorised.

Then run SOLUS and tick the "CCS infra...".

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread