+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, SIMS in Technical; Our admin PC has been refusing to print from Publisher so today (having obtained a licence) I updated Office 2000 ...
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries

SIMS

Our admin PC has been refusing to print from Publisher so today (having obtained a licence) I updated Office 2000 to Office 2003 and also ran Office updates. All seemed to go well apart from the update centre wanting me to have the 2000 disk available to allow a couple of 2000 update files - no idea where the disk would be well before my time!

Naturally our system has the magnificent SIMS on it - something I know zip about.

As we have a new Admin Officer (and the previous one wouldn't let me near the machine) I had a quick look around and noticed that XP Pro was on SP1 :!:

Clearly updates haven't been happening. Before I start tinkering (Capita are involved here somewhere along the line) is there anything I need to know :?:

Thank Post

Re: SIMS

Unless you host the SIMS server on the admin PC there shouldn't be a problem with WU.

Personally I would have gone for a clean reinstall. You don't know what other gunk has built up over the years while you weren't allowed to go near the machine (how could they have been so impertanant. You are the IT Tech they are office admin. If you need to see 'their' computer they must comply or suffer inexplicable phenomena /<BOFH)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Thread Information