+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, SLG2 ADP in Technical; We have finally got our MOSS 2007 installed with a working SLG2 and i have just today went to add ...
    Thank Post

SLG2 ADP

We have finally got our MOSS 2007 installed with a working SLG2 and i have just today went to add in another staff user but could not for the life of me remeber how to get the users logon details.

i added the user by going into SIMS.net then Routines > Active Directory Provisioning > Provision Users > Staff > Add Staff

this added the user no problems, only problem i have is to find the users logon details to then consolidate them with their original AD account.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    To get their details there are various reports that can be run, if you look in the appropriate focus categories.

Alternatively have a look at your AD, find the provisioned user in there (will most likely be under something like SLG -> School name -> Users) and just change their password. Then you'll be able to log in with that username and password, and drop in their normal network account credentials to consolidate.

Thank Post
    okay i have had a look in AD and i am unable to find that user in the SLG OU, is there another way of doing it?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thesk8rjesus View Post
    okay i have had a look in AD and i am unable to find that user in the SLG OU, is there another way of doing it?
    It will not appear until the next day once ADP Provisioning.bat has run over night. You can force it to happen now by clicking ADP Provisioning.bat on the SIMS Server's desktop.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Quackers View Post
    It will not appear until the next day once ADP Provisioning.bat has run over night. You can force it to happen now by clicking ADP Provisioning.bat on the SIMS Server's desktop.
    okay looked on desktop and there isnt a ADP Provisioning.bat on there but in scheduled tasks i do have an ADPScheduledProcesses would that be the same?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    That'll be similar at least. Manually run that task and the user should appear within AD inside of a few minutes.

Thank Post
    okay i ran the Scheduled task and still there is nothing in the AD

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    In which case there may be something wrong somewhere in your ADPS. Might be worth logging a case with Capita to get them to look into it. Most ADPS problems turn out to be something simple.

Probably also worth having a look at the ADPS management page, that often helps. Or try restarting the SIMS ADP service on your ADP server.

9. Thanks to jamesb from:

thesk8rjesus (23rd March 2009)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread