+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, SIMS Attendence reporting in Technical; We have just started adding in the AM/PM registers into SIMS and I was wondering how to actually report on ...

Thank Post

SIMS Attendence reporting

We have just started adding in the AM/PM registers into SIMS and I was wondering how to actually report on this information.

The attendence reports are on a different sub menu from the main reporting engine and I couldn't figure out how to create custom reports. Does anyone have any advice how to go about it? Documentation or any help would be appreciated.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    If you've got access to SupportNet, or know someone who does, try looking up resource number 14669. Seems to be geared to what you're trying to do.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,384 Times in 1,146 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesb View Post
    If you've got access to SupportNet, or know someone who does, try looking up resource number 14669. Seems to be geared to what you're trying to do.
    If don't have access and are a SIMS school, which you obviously are, then go to the site and sign up straight away. It's an invaluable resource:

SupportNet

In the meantime the resource James mentions is available on/from any SIMS machine. Click on the Documentation tab on the left, then on Other Handbooks. It's 9/10 down on my list. It's a pdf file detailing all available reports on your version of SIMS. All the documents used to be stored on each client machine but with recent updates they have been moved central to the SIMS server to reduce update time.

There is a lot there depending on what you want. Many are available for bulk production and go to a webbrowser before printing. They are usually page breaked on print if for different groups / students, even though it doesn't look it on screen.

There appears to be the option to customise reports using xsl file templates however these are not yet on general release. I'll let you know if i get anywhere with them.

We found the best report that we liked isn't actually a report but is the data summary that looks like a registration certificate that you get if you click on the attendance button from the panel on the right while you are viewing a student's data. It has the colour pie chart and some good breakdown analysis.

We send them home with our annual reports to students. They can't be bulk generated though so we have to employ a temp to do it individually, but it's defo worth it.

Thank Post
    If i understand correctly, there is still an issue regarding date range reporting in Reporting .net.

Attendance summary reporting can be custom creating using the reporting dictionary but i think it is only capable of reporting on cumulative attendance from beginning of term to the effective date of the report.

I tried this a while a go and was advised by Capita that this was the case, but have not revisited it since, so if anyone can make it work, please let me know

Steve

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    If i understand correctly, there is still an issue regarding date range reporting in Reporting .net.
    Really? Most if not all the reports from the Attendance Reports section have a from and to date and as far as i know this works okay, including the summary report.

It must just be something to do with the reporting engine.
    Last edited by vikpaw; 3rd March 2009 at 10:47 AM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vikpaw View Post
    Really? Most if not all the reports from the Attendance Reports section have a from and to date and as far as i know this works okay, including the summary report.

It must just be something to do with the reporting engine.
    Sorry, I meant to say CUSTOM reporting i.e designing reports from scratch using the Reporting engine.

Thank Post
    Fairplay.
    I like the avatar by the way

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread