+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, Sims.net (unique user defined reports missing) in Technical; We had the local LEA guy in yesterday to have a look at the admin network (something the school paid ...
    Thank Post

Sims.net (unique user defined reports missing)

We had the local LEA guy in yesterday to have a look at the admin network (something the school paid into before I started) and he decided there was a problem with sims.net that could only be fixed by completely reinstalling sims.net.

Now the reports that our admin staff have created are missing, they are listed in sims, but when you click on them you recieve a message that they are not available, all the standard reports are there though.

There must be a way of recognising which files refer to these user defined reports but how? Is there a good document I could read, as I have not really had alot of exposure to sims apart from upgrading it, or could someone tell me how to do it.

Thank Post

Re: Sims.net (unique user defined reports missing)

Reinstalled on the server? or a workstation?

Standard report definitions are stored on the workstation at %systemroot% \Program Files\Sims\Sims .net\*.RptDef. I'm not sure where custom ones are stored - common sense would suggest the server.... but.

Get an account at www.capitaes.co.uk and search the knowledgebase or if he hasn't restored a working copy of your setup as it was (minus the bugs), get him back in to fix it. This should have been tested before he was allowed to leave and you're paying for it anyway.

Thank Post

That could be bad news.

During the last SIMS update patch we did, there was some problem and a restore from the backup was required. When we did this , we lost every single custom report we had. We had the same problem as you, the files were listed but "could not be found on document server" whenever you tried to access them. Turns out that the custom reports get embedded into some SIMS and SQL files instead of being kept as seperate files.

We contacted our SIMS support folks, and plowed through the capitaes support.net ...all to no avail. The end result after many weeks was that every custom report had to be rewritten as there was no way to get them back.

Thank Post

Thanks for your replies guys, looks like I may have to give the admin staff some bad news then. I think i will sign uo to www.capitaes.co.uk, just for the extra support.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread