+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
MIS Systems Thread, Nova-T4 Problem in Technical; Originally Posted by jcollings The problem is you can still get some really useful & quick reports from Nova T4 ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,383 Times in 1,145 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jcollings View Post
    The problem is you can still get some really useful & quick reports from Nova T4 that are unavailable as neatly in SIMS.net

Our staff use it all the time to get quick set lists etc.
    At my old school i stopped people from using it, and at the new one, they don't have the habit

I have created some routine data reports for staff to use. They are categorized so easy to find. I've made training videos to show people how to use them. They can be added to the My favorite reports list on the homepage so it's actually quicker than loading up Nova. All they have to do for a set list is type in the class code as per timetable.

With that all said, progress is slow, but i keep 'forcing' them to do it my way.

2. Thanks to vikpaw from:

kmount (21st February 2009)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vikpaw View Post
    At my old school i stopped people from using it, and at the new one, they don't have the habit

I have created some routine data reports for staff to use. They are categorized so easy to find. I've made training videos to show people how to use them. They can be added to the My favorite reports list on the homepage so it's actually quicker than loading up Nova. All they have to do for a set list is type in the class code as per timetable.

With that all said, progress is slow, but i keep 'forcing' them to do it my way.
    I know that you can set up reports (I have done similar here) but they are still nowhere near as easy to use as Nova T4. It is so quick to get say all my year 7 class lists off in one go etc. It would be good to see some of that quick reporting ported into SIMS.Net

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vikpaw View Post

Can we have a chat sometime Vik as I'd like to "provide" (never thought I'd say this) some predefined reports to varying groups of people either by Group or if needed via some kind of video like yours .... I'd be interested in what you're providing to compare?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,383 Times in 1,145 Posts

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by jcollings View Post
    I know that you can set up reports (I have done similar here) but they are still nowhere near as easy to use as Nova T4. It is so quick to get say all my year 7 class lists off in one go etc. It would be good to see some of that quick reporting ported into SIMS.Net
    Point taken , it may be marginally quicker in NovaT, but it's certainly just as easy using the right SIMS.net report. I've got one that will do a whole set of class lists, tutor group certainly and class groups as well as it will just look for things starting with a 7. It even goes into a nice spreadsheet with a separate sheet per class. So it's more useful if the user wants to keep the sheets for some ad-hoc marking or registers or just use in class. I've even got one for heads of dept. so they just type in their subject code, e.g. ar for art, ab for arabic, etc and they get just a list of their subject, again can be broken down by year as well. The one thing Nova does do much better, is set them up ready for print in a nice format.

Nova was grand, but it's time to move on.... come on over to the dark side, you'll like it, honest

@kmount, lets talk. just for an example i've attached a pic of the categories i use: the categories are listed, and the reports are actually my 'my reports' and would for other users be in the relevant category.

as for the videos they are pretty straight forward, they just take a while to edit once initially recorded. the other downer is that they aren't transferable unless you have exactly the same setup, unless you are happy with a fairly generic video. leaked intel indicates that capita is now jumping on the videos band wagon, which is great as it'll save me hours of my own time!

i was going to post a video but it has student names on it , so i'll have to edit them out or email it to you. i'm busy this week at sims conference but back from next monday....
    Attached Images Attached Images

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12