+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, Sims Escalation Team in Technical; ...

Thank Post

Sims Escalation Team

Hi,

Just wondered how many of you guys have data with the escalation team at Sims at the moment.

After the December release Enquiry addresses went missing on all our reports which is a fault caused by the update. Its been passed to the escalation team but they say its not a priority as lots of schools have more serious issues.

Problem is we had a big mailing run set for last week which we missed and they are telling us it will take 2 weeks even for them to have a look at the data.

Hugely pee'd off with Sims, it takes 5 phone calls to get to anyone who will give a proper answer to the timescale and then no updates at all... our problem is just sat in a queue whilst we lose money.

We paid almost £3000 for registrations and admissions and we have had several issues with it since we got it... as a CRM its a waste of time..a bolt onto sims that just about works but comes with no manipulating tools.

Next update I reckon we will be exporting the data to a excel spreadsheet so we have some data to play with.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,441 Times in 1,194 Posts
    I sympathise with your situation.
    We dont have data with them, but, have chosen to hold back on last two updates.
    It's worth considering having a duplicate testing server where you can test updates but also, have a backup of your data. Generally speaking, restoring from backup isn't possible without some loss of data, but having the good data backed up somewhere for access would be handy.
    After chatting to Ric_ at BETT we are looking at getting a failover server, and possibly virtualising SIMS altogether....

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vikpaw View Post
    I sympathise with your situation.
    We dont have data with them, but, have chosen to hold back on last two updates.
    It's worth considering having a duplicate testing server where you can test updates but also, have a backup of your data. Generally speaking, restoring from backup isn't possible without some loss of data, but having the good data backed up somewhere for access would be handy.
    After chatting to Ric_ at BETT we are looking at getting a failover server, and possibly virtualising SIMS altogether....

Yeah I used to have a VPC running parrallel but let it slip behind so not sure if the data can be transferred across.

Problem was we only saw this problem after a few days when we needed to run the report... if it was a serious issue which affected lots of people it would have been spotted earlier.

Thank Post
    At present 2% of schools have cases that are escalated.

If you let me know who you are I will follow this up for you. I am aware that some postings on EduGeek are not what they seem to be – I’m sure that yours is genuine but almost invariably when I offer to help I never hear a word!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilNeal View Post
    At present 2% of schools have cases that are escalated.

If you let me know who you are I will follow this up for you. I am aware that some postings on EduGeek are not what they seem to be – I’m sure that yours is genuine but almost invariably when I offer to help I never hear a word!
    Heres a reply I got from your team

Dear

Further to our discussion this morning, I would like to confirm that your case is important to us and we will endeavour to work on your case as soon as we can, however as mentioned our case turn around for a severity 3 is 15 working days.

Thank you for informing me of the cost element of your case and as we discussed if you can phone me on Friday 30th January, I will aim to make your case a priority with the developer and turn your case around as soon as I can.

Thank you for requesting an update and I will keep you informed of further information.

Kind regards

Denies Green
    Sims Escalation Team

The case ref is 0901-461261

2% of schools have escalated case? Man.. I am glad we still have a working system

Thank Post
    Thanks.

BTW just because a case is escallated doesn't mean that they can't continue to work nor is every case something we have got wrong.

Thank Post
    I've got about 4 calls need the march release, a few that needed data, which the escalation team need to create a patch. There not uber fast. But the patches aren't really preventing SIMS from being used. This said they are well within the agreed SLA and generally we don't have any trouble. We do get the odd problem, but generally nagging works.

Most problems are down to incorrect usage of SIMS or faulty (old) hardware. There is the odd problem caused by bad coding, but there generally a work round and patch is close at hand.

Note:
    Incorrect usage is defined as people not completing fields that are required or entering incorrect data, ie in a range of 1 -18 they enter 0 or something like that.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread