+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
MIS Systems Thread, Looking for testers to test SIMS.NET to Active Directory synchronisation tool in Technical; ...
    ANB

Thank Post

Looking for testers to test SIMS.NET to Active Directory synchronisation tool

Hi all,

My company has recently completed a new version of our powerful Active Directory User Manager application called ActivMan.

The main features are:

* Speed - create new users FAST using templates!
    * Reliability - using templates reduces errors
    * Scalable - manage multiple networks
    * Mass Manipulation - update multiple accounts quickly
    * Import Users - from either CSV or an ActivMan client
    * Auto Import - never worry about new users arriving and old users leaving
    * MIS - extract students and staff DIRECTLY
    * Secure - encrypt data when transfering between admin and curric networks

More information about ActivMan can be found on my company's website, ANB Software Homepage. There is also a presentation highlighting the features (accessible from the homepage).

I am looking for anyone who could test this new version and/or do a review on it. Any reviews, with your permission, may be used for marketing purposes. If not, then any comments or reviews will be used to improve the product.

If anyone is interested then I will give you a free unrestricted 60-day trial for testing/reviewing. For any of the testers/reviewers who like the software then I will give you free use of the software for 1 year. The license for ActivMan is yearly and pricing starts from £35pa.

So, if anyone is interested then please contact me for your 60-day trial.

Thank you.
    Adam Bent

Thank Post
    Looks interesting, and would certainly take some of the worries/headaches away.

Isnt there something called active directory provisioning tool that comes with SIMS that does a similar thing? (never got round to looking at it)

ANB

Thank Post
    I'm not aware of any such tool, and we already have quite a few schools using SIMS across the UK that are already using this software. And also people have contacted us from my post here to enquire about testing and reviewing this software. There are also other similar products available from other companies. So, if there is such a tool I'm guessing that it does not live up to the powerful features and flexibility of ActivMan. Also, ActivMan is constantly being updated to include customer feature requests. So, if something does not quite work how you would like, then it can be changed to accommodate you.

ActivMan is designed specifically for schools to manage their students and staff. Only the first step is to actually extract the data from SIMS. There is also setting all the user's properties, member groups, home directories, etc. As well as actually creating their home directory and specifying any desired permissions, along with sharing this directory so that the user can access it, whilst also setting the desired settings on this too. There are also a host of other features deemed useful to network managers and technicians in schools.

So, for anyone else interested, please contact me at sales@anbsoftware.co.uk for your free 60 day trial for testing/reviewing.

This is a product aimed specifically for schools, so if anyone has any suggestion for new features, improvements, tweaks, etc, then it can be done. All at no extra cost. I want this product to be what you want and what you will use, i.e. "designed by schools for schools".

Kind regards,
    Adam Bent
    Last edited by ANB; 14th January 2009 at 06:20 PM. Reason: Spelling error

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,575 Times in 1,254 Posts
    You can already integrate Sims.NET with Active Directory, take a look here

ANB

Thank Post
    This is different. ActivMan does not have anything to do with SIMS.NET logging directly into AD. It extracts all the students and staff from SIMS.NET and create AD user accounts so that staff and students can log on to any networked PC, so that YOU don't have to create all their logons using a culmination of batch files and tools. This takes away all the hassle of creating new users, and can also disable students and staff that have left, without you even lifting a finger! It can also be scheduled to run whenever you wish so that you never need to worry about new students and staff arriving and old students and staff leaving!

Kind regards,
    Adam Bent

Thank Post
    ANB: please stop making a nuisance by resurrecting old threads, cross-posting and advertising. (Also, your website fails validation and doesn't display properly in FF3.)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Oops_my_bad View Post
    Looks interesting, and would certainly take some of the worries/headaches away.

Isnt there something called active directory provisioning tool that comes with SIMS that does a similar thing? (never got round to looking at it)
    It's available from Capita as an additional license I think, but PhilNeal can probably help more. (if he's still around... haven't heard from him in a while.)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,032 Times in 812 Posts
    The opensource tools that were developed for SIMS/AD/Moodle integtration are designed to be automated to create new user accounts, they are posted here:
    Integrate Moodle, LDAP and SIMS.net - MoodleDocs

9. 4 Thanks to CyberNerd:

Chunky (13th October 2009), dinsyboy (17th January 2009), Oops_my_bad (14th January 2009), webman (14th January 2009)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,828 Times in 1,135 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by powdarrmonkey View Post
    It's available from Capita as an additional license I think, but PhilNeal can probably help more. (if he's still around... haven't heard from him in a while.)
    Probably busy with a little thing called BETT.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumbleDook View Post
    Probably busy with a little thing called BETT.
    Ah yes, good point

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,773 Times in 1,529 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ANB View Post
    This is different. ActivMan does not have anything to do with SIMS.NET logging directly into AD. It extracts all the students and staff from SIMS.NET and create AD user accounts so that staff and students can log on to any networked PC, so that YOU don't have to create all their logons using a culmination of batch files and tools. This takes away all the hassle of creating new users, and can also disable students and staff that have left, without you even lifting a finger! It can also be scheduled to run whenever you wish so that you never need to worry about new students and staff arriving and old students and staff leaving!

Kind regards,
    Adam Bent
    A local school near me has got this setup using a bunch of scripts, works a treat. Not got round to doing it myself though.

Unvalidated User
    Thank Post
    Hi

Is AcitvMan 100% compatibile with RMCC3?

Thanks
    Jody

ANB

Thank Post
    Hi Jody,

As I said in my email to you, and just to let everyone else know, ActivMan has never been tested on an RMCC3 network. I would guess and expect it to work no problem.

If someone would like to test this then please email me at sales@anbsoftware.co.uk and I will email you a full version to try. If anyone who has already got a copy and are running RMCC3 then can you please report back and let us know if it works?

Thanks.
    Adam

Thank Post
    I'm back from BETT and what better way to spend a Saturday night that on EduGeek!

I can confirm that we have an AD provisioning tool - it's massively scalable accross multiple schools in an LA.

Thank Post
    - it's massively scalable across multiple schools in an LA.
    A marketing statement doesn't make things true you know

(Maybe too much adrenalin still in the system after BETT )

regards

Simon

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast