+ Post New Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
MIS Systems Thread, SIMS Dec 08 in Technical; I see your point, perhaps look at terminal services. One update. IMO I like the current simsload\solus. SOLUS3 is coming ...

Thank Post
    I see your point, perhaps look at terminal services. One update.

IMO I like the current simsload\solus. SOLUS3 is coming out in march (well beta) for those that don't

I just scheduled simsload to run regularly on the workstations, I guess you could deploy this.

The way simsload works is the only way to make sure all staff are on the latest version.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NickJones View Post
    The advantage of doing it via MSI is the updates can be pushed out when people aren't using the computes. The problem with having teachers run the update themselves is sometimes they are in a hurry for what they need and can't wait/don't want to wait.

Also consider the time-saving - 15 or so computers X 3 minute install = 45 minutes; pushing an MSI out as the computer boots before people come in = 0 minutes.
    But the reality now is that the machine will take the stated 3 minutes longer to boot up. Equally you will need to create an msi each time there is a SIMS update.

Thank Post
    Of course the machine would take 3 minutes longer to boot, but since all our staff PCs are scheduled to boot at the start of the day, this wouldn't be an issue. This method also allows any other applications and Windows updates to be installed without any impact on the user.

It would require a new MSI each time, but I would be expecting these to either be supplied by Capita or I would continue using RM's wrappers, which use Capita's setup.exe files.

Thank Post

It seems the Jan/Dec whatever the hell its called has messed up our Enquiry addresses just when we are going to do a mailing run. The report runs but 90% of the people have addresses missing even though the report is accurate and has worked in previous months.

Contacted support who asked me to send the report which I did, once in a reply to the Sims.response@capita.co.uk address and another to the persons email address at capita because I thought the response was a black hole.....I phoned up this morning and they haven't recieved it because, and I quote, some people have set their email accounts not to recieve emails' What a brillaint idea, take the personal service well out fo the equation and just use one big mailbox to lose stuff.

*I know this may have been my stupidity for not sending the email correctly but I am getting it in the neck from our marketting babe and she scares me*
    Last edited by Simcfc73; 19th January 2009 at 10:17 AM.

Thank Post
    if you export the report and post it up here we could try running it to check on our test systems

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcshammer_dj View Post
    if you export the report and post it up here we could try running it to check on our test systems
    you need the registrations and admissions to run it so if anyone has...
    Last edited by Simcfc73; 2nd June 2009 at 04:35 PM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Simcfc73 View Post

It seems the Jan/Dec whatever the hell its called has messed up our Enquiry addresses just when we are going to do a mailing run. The report runs but 90% of the people have addresses missing even though the report is accurate and has worked in previous months.

Contacted support who asked me to send the report which I did, once in a reply to the Sims.response@capita.co.uk address and another to the persons email address at capita because I thought the response was a black hole.....I phoned up this morning and they haven't recieved it because, and I quote, some people have set their email accounts not to recieve emails' What a brillaint idea, take the personal service well out fo the equation and just use one big mailbox to lose stuff.

*I know this may have been my stupidity for not sending the email correctly but I am getting it in the neck from our marketting babe and she scares me*
    It makes sence that everyone uses a group email. Solves the "what if you off sick" issue.

I believe Capita had an email server problem a while ago. Normally I just email it to sims.support@capita.co.uk. I get a nice email saying they've recieved it too.

Just imported it, don't have any records to test against. Looks like the age old Addressblock problem.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345